PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party, Democrats team up to block lawmakers looking for gun perks

dan_bgblue
05-29-2013, 03:10 PM
Link (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/29/tea-party-and-democrats-team-up-to-defeat-push-to-give-lawmakers-gun-perks/)

:sFl_america2::sHa_clap2:

CitizenBBN
05-29-2013, 03:25 PM
I got a kick out of it. I love the argument from the one Texas rep that they're public figures and need extra protection b/c people may disagree with their opinions. Beyond the idea that only public figures have these risks, he acts like every high school football coach in Texas isn't more at risk than any texas politician. lol.

Where people can and can't carry in various states is fascinating, and confusing. In Kentucky you can't carry on college campuses, in Colorado they tried to ban carry on college campuses and it blew up on them. The Illinois law will prevent carry on public transportation, thus insuring once again that the poorest and most vulnerable of chicago's residents who are exposed to 95% of the violence there will have no means of defending themselves. So if you take public transportation you effectively are denied from carrying. Clever way to compromise with Chicago's politicians to severely limit carry among the poor of Chicago but allow it in the non-urban rest of the state where there is little public transportation. Not sure what Chicago's leaders have against the poor people of their city, but they do NOT like them very much.

Back to this, I love the stand. The supporters cited Gifford's shooting. OK, how about the other 18 people who were wounded or killed in that shooting? Only she should have had a right to defend herself from that lunatic?