PDA

View Full Version : Chart: Maxwell Smith 6th nationally in completions

imsoblue
09-09-2012, 11:28 AM
http://johnclay.bloginky.com/2012/09/09/chart-maxwell-smith-6th-nationally-in-completions/#418

fastkat
09-09-2012, 11:31 AM
And I sit around a couple people that still think he should be riding the pines behind Towles

suncat05
09-09-2012, 11:48 AM
I think we've found our QB for the forseeable future, barring any serious injuries. Our WR's do not even look like the same bunch of guys that have been dropping passes and not doing their jobs the last two years.
I think our offense is going to be okay.
It's the defense that worries me now. Yeah, they played much better against Kent State, and while I think Kent State is overall a decent team, they are not an SEC caliber team. We were still giving up runs over the middle, and it seems that Cobble & Rumph might be big, and that's all, just big. We were all told that the "D"-line was going to be a team strength. Of course, we were told LAST YEAR that the "O"-line was going to be a team strength as well, and we all remember how well that turned out.
Just wait until we go to Gainesville. Our "D"-line is going to be used and abused, as well as most of the rest of the defense too.
I hope our offense can somehow keep pace with the follies of our defense. :mad:

Catfan73
09-09-2012, 11:58 AM
I haven't seen a play-by-play yet on the game, but we pretty much shut them down after they came out and scored early in the second half. I think what happened was Joker finally relented and let Minter run the defense the way he wanted to. If that's the case, we all need to hope and pray that Joker lets Minter do his job from here on out.

paulhead31
09-09-2012, 04:17 PM
http://johnclay.bloginky.com/2012/09/09/chart-maxwell-smith-6th-nationally-in-completions/#418

If you look at it he is percentage wise second in the nation and first in the SEC. There is a couple in front of him that have only played in one game but still a great showing from Max.

truecatsfan
09-10-2012, 07:19 PM
I haven't seen a play-by-play yet on the game, but we pretty much shut them down after they came out and scored early in the second half. I think what happened was Joker finally relented and let Minter run the defense the way he wanted to. If that's the case, we all need to hope and pray that Joker lets Minter do his job from here on out.

Minter and Joker have been in to it the first two games, something has to give.

Catfan73
09-12-2012, 10:29 AM
It's looking like Minter is doing a good job of biting his tongue while being made the scapegoat for our defensive philosophy the first game and a half. Matt what's his name is claiming he has sources that heard Joker scream at Minter to 'try man' during the UL game. I think Joker probably told him to play it safe going into the game and when that obviously didn't work he got frustrated, but switching to man coverage without pressuring the quarterback isn't going to change much and might actually make things worse. Whatever's going on, I just hope they've come to a consensus that this defense HAS to attack and can't sit back on its heels.

Badinage
09-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Is Minter not responsible for the defense?

Catfan73
09-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Let's hope he is now. Just going by the off season talk over the winter, it was Minter that was itching to fully implement more of an attacking, risk taking defense, not Joker. Whichever is the case, I hope we don't revert to the passiveness we saw in the UL game every time we play a quality opponent. Ultimately Joker will get the credit or blame for everything, so its his defense just as much as its his offense.