PDA

View Full Version : Holder signed off on Fox News snooping

Catonahottinroof
05-25-2013, 08:10 AM
While denying it a few days prior

This is the Nixon administration part deux....

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/05/holder-signed-off-on-warrant/

jazyd
05-25-2013, 08:22 AM
Does it really surprise anyone

bigsky
05-25-2013, 10:31 AM
The Chicago corruptions, serial Illinois governor felons, now in the Federal govt.

CitizenBBN
05-25-2013, 11:17 AM
The best part is Obama announced in his "I'm still President" speech that Holder had agreed to review their procedures for getting warrants for journalist's records. Obama played it off as Holder needing to get involved to make sure these things don't happen, except for the fact that he's the man that approved it.

Everything is just a mistake by a little person in this Administration. Fast and Furious sends 2,000 guns to the Mexican cartels, 4 people die in an Al Queda attack in Libya, IRS targets groups politically, more reporters are investigated by this administration than by all other administrations COMBINED since WWI, and it's always just some low level minion and "move along, nothing to see here."

We're to believe that the WH Chief of Staff finds out the IRS is in fact targeting certain political groups and the IRS is lying about it to Congress repeatedly, and an IG audit is being done, and he doesn't tell the President. What could be a huge scandal is coming right at him, something that could derail his 2nd term, and they don't tell him. Uh huh.

Nixon never got away with the level of corruption and most especially retribution this Administration has managed, and that's coming from liberals who were involved in taking down Nixon. That view comes from people like the Post's lawyer who defended them in the Pentagon Papers scandal that was the beginning of the end for Nixon.

Catonahottinroof
05-25-2013, 07:59 PM
The big question is will the lemmings in the media call the bluff here? Chris Matthews hammered Obama this week. Bob Woodward has for sometime too now. The lovefest has soured with some of the media, but for how long?

CitizenBBN
05-25-2013, 09:56 PM
The big question is will the lemmings in the media call the bluff here? Chris Matthews hammered Obama this week. Bob Woodward has for sometime too now. The lovefest has soured with some of the media, but for how long?

Absolutely. Going after the media in any way was a potentially huge mistake. If it gets them to break ranks and start treating him like any other politician and not their personal Dear Leader he's in huge trouble. It may finally be the think to get them to wake up and do their jobs.

suncat05
05-26-2013, 08:46 AM
Absolutely. Going after the media in any way was a potentially huge mistake. If it gets them to break ranks and start treating him like any other politician and not their personal Dear Leader he's in huge trouble. It may finally be the think to get them to wake up and do their jobs.

Not gonna happen. They'll make up a disaster or some other sort of "national emergency" to divert attention away from what they've been doing, and the media is so stupid that they'll play right along.
Nothing is going to be done about "ANY" of these scandals. The media loves this guy, bottom line, and in the end they'll do nothing to hold this guy accountable for any of his or his crew's crimes against America. Congress does not have the will to do it, and I doubt that there's anyone else, including all of these suppossedly outraged reporter types who are going to do more than give any of these scandals more than a little bit of 'lip service'.
Yes, we're all mad about every bit of it, I certainly don't like it as I'm sure most here don't, but in the end nothing is going to be done to hold these criminals accountable, so they will continue to do what they've been doing, and then, in another 3.5 years we'll have at least another 4 to 8 years of this nonsense because then we'll be living under the renewed tyranny of another damn Clinton.

Catonahottinroof
05-26-2013, 09:04 AM
I suspect you are correct Suncat. I think it all depends on how personally the media takes the seizure of phone records of their own, even if it is a Fox guy.

CitizenBBN
05-26-2013, 10:41 AM
suncat I tend to agree. I think he could do about anything and get away with it, but the media also have HUGE egos and think they should be untouchable. I don't think it will, but if anything chips away at his media fawning it will be this kind of thing, where he goes after them.

I will say several members of Congress seem to be jumping off his ship over these scandals, esp. the IRS. Congressmen don't like being lied to, esp. those bald faced sitting in front of the committee lies that were told by senior IRS officials. Again I dont' think we'll see wholesale defections, but there are some Congressional Democrats pretty seriously questioning the story that the Chief of Staff at the White House, the Treasury, all these people knew about this yet Congress was kept in the dark despite repeated questions about it.

dan_bgblue
05-28-2013, 05:55 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/28/holder-criticism-grows-to-include-democratic-liberal-media-outcry/

“It seems to me clear that the actions of the department have in fact impaired the First Amendment,” Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif., said earlier this month. “Reporters who might have previously believed that a confidential source would speak to them would no longer have that level of confidence.”

The congresswoman has been joined in her concerns by Democratic commentators and the liberal-leaning Huffington Post, which recently ran a giant headline saying it’s time for Holder to go.

CitizenBBN
05-28-2013, 07:57 PM
The only problem is they're only going to blame Holder and cling to the idea that Obama couldn't be involved in anything bad.