PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard from okiecat? Is she okay?

suncat05
05-20-2013, 06:23 PM
I hope she is okay.
I have been in constant contact with my daughter and her classmate during the tornado. Thank God they are both fine, no damage to their apartment or their vehicles. They have power and water, but as is the case with most college age kids they don't keep many groceries in the house. OF COURSE!! That would make too much sense!! But they are both okay.

I watched this unfold on TV as it happened. All I could think of was are the girls okay? I about wore my phone out texting them both. For the first time in a long, long time I was truly fearful for them. I have lived out there and I know exactly what kind of power these kinds of storms can pack and deliver. I'm not gonna lie fellas, I am a nervous wreck right now, even though the girls are okay.
All I could think of was what am I going to do if those girls get hurt? But I had already made up my mind that I was going out there, if necessary. Thank God that is not the case now.

okiecat!! If you're okay please let us know!!

Catonahottinroof
05-20-2013, 06:43 PM
I've heard from family in Choctaw and friends that live in NW OKC. It's a bad as they've ever seen and they have had some bad ones in the last 15 years.

Hoping okiecat is ok....

jazyd
05-20-2013, 06:47 PM
I can't get thru to a lifelong friend however he is in Edmund and feel he is ok.

One school they just reported may have 24 or more students trapped or dead. Just a week ago I read a report tat said how quiet the last 12 monts have been for tornadoes

suncat05
05-20-2013, 07:15 PM
Weather reports say there's more bad weather on the way. My prayers are for no more loss of life or property damage.

Darrell KSR
05-20-2013, 08:42 PM
Have not heard. Hope she is ok.

I don't know my geography or know where she is exactly. What a scary, sad night.

MickintheHam
05-20-2013, 09:09 PM
Have not heard. Hope she is ok.

I don't know my geography or know where she is exactly. What a scary, sad night.

I believe OakieCat is near Lawton OK. That is southwest of the devastated area.

Darrell KSR
05-20-2013, 09:16 PM
Thank you, Mick.

jazyd
05-20-2013, 10:03 PM
51 confirmed dead

Darrell KSR
05-21-2013, 05:21 AM
Google Crisis Map showing the devastated area (red line).

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/lizcoolmompicks/CMT_13/google-oklahoma-online-crisismap_zps011f5d46.png

You can plug in a city/location on this map link and see where it is and if it is close to the area:

http://google.org/crisismap/2013-oklahoma-tornado

dethbylt
05-21-2013, 12:36 PM
I believe OakieCat is near Lawton OK. That is southwest of the devastated area.

Yep, I had a chance to talk local hiking spots with her on this forum while at Fort Sill. She lives somewhere just off post in Lawton. According to KSRD's map of the storm track that puts here 30 miles to the southwest. So the tornado proper missed her by a far bit, but the storms were bad enough around Fort Sill.

I set up text notifications for storms while at Fort Sill and still get them. I've gotten 10 tornado watches and 2 tornado warnings for the area this week alone. Nothing approaching the magnitude of Moore though. Hope she is OK in OK.