PDA

View Full Version : Discovery-north America

jazyd
05-20-2013, 08:50 AM
What a great series this is going to be. I really enjoyed last night and had a hard time turning it off. What they did over the five years is nothing short of amazing.

CGWildcat
05-20-2013, 09:47 AM
Recorded it to watch tonight. Been looking forward to it since I first saw the commercial.

Catmandrew
05-20-2013, 10:57 AM
On the DVR for tonight as well, looked great. Sunday at 9 is Game of Thrones on HBO tho :)

dan_bgblue
05-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Segments with the prairie dogs, owls, badger, rattle snake were my #1 "episode" but the bison, bison calf, and wolves was a close second. I definitely will watch the next installment

jazyd
05-20-2013, 12:37 PM
Fascinating. The mating of the jumping spider tickled me

Segments with the prairie dogs, owls, badger, rattle snake were my #1 "episode" but the bison, bison calf, and wolves was a close second. I definitely will watch the next installment

kritikalcat
05-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Seven years ago we made a family trip out west to visit family in Wyoming. We spent some time in Yellowstone, plenty of bison, impressive animals though of course we'd seen domestic bison locally on farms in KY and IN. On the way back to KY we drove out from Devil's Tower through Deadwood / Mt. Rushmore and stopped at Badlands National Park as the sun was going down. We entered the park. Very desolate. Almost nobody else there. We pull up almost right next to a statue of a huge bison by the side of the road to take photos with it while there's still a little sunlight. The statue moves and breathes ... NOT a statue. The lighting I'm sure exaggerated things; but this bison made the ones in Yellowstone look puny by comparison. Needless to say, we stayed in the car and rolled away smoothly.