PDA

View Full Version : Warehouse 13

CatinIL
05-16-2013, 07:29 PM
I just watched this weeks episode tonight...Myka looked :confused0053::rockon:

CitizenBBN
05-16-2013, 09:04 PM
She's hotter than heck.

I'm hoping they renew it. I don't know if I've seen a good series so badly damaged by network eggheads since Star Trek itself. They barely promote it, show no re-runs so people can find it and it can gather any kind of following, they move the time slot around using it to leverage other things but hurting its ability to gain momentum.

How can it grow a following if no one knows about it and it's never on? of course Saul Rubinek is right, it has a huge fan base, they're just on the internet. The Bittorrent downloads for the shows are massive, it drew one of the biggest ComiCon crowds. Reminds me a lot of Star Trek. Great show, smart, a strong following that would get a lot stronger if the network suits wouldn't cripple it so badly.

I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. Like Star Trek you may need to be a bit patient with the fact that it has a back story you won't know, but it is more than worth it to get to know the characters and the premise.

CatinIL
05-17-2013, 07:00 AM
Yeah, I won't be thrilled if they kill the show. I'll occasionally have a re-run episode pop up on the DVR but it's not very often.

badrose
05-17-2013, 07:12 AM
I might have been a follower if given a chance to go back and catch up. I got in on the beginning of Defiance but the jury is still out on that one.

CitizenBBN
05-17-2013, 05:56 PM
I might have been a follower if given a chance to go back and catch up. I got in on the beginning of Defiance but the jury is still out on that one.

Unless you have Netflix, buy the DVDs or download them via bittorrent there is no way to do that, and they wonder why the show isn't a bigger hit.

Seriously, you can't make up that kind of stupidity. Bittorrent is not just legally questionable (depends on what you're downloading), but maybe 1% of the US TV viewing population even knows about it? Netflix is a newer option (I think it got on there after season 3 but not sure), but if you haven't seen the show how do you know to look at it among all those shows, and is Netflix sufficient to keep the show on the air? Of course not. TV people are still locked in on traditional ratings from what I've seen of their decisions.

KSRdallen
05-17-2013, 06:35 PM
Obligatory photo? You guys are slipping!

BigBluePappy
05-17-2013, 07:47 PM
Here, here!

Catfan73
05-23-2013, 11:17 PM
Supposedly they're making 6 more episodes in which they'll wrap things up.

CitizenBBN
05-23-2013, 11:42 PM
Supposedly they're making 6 more episodes in which they'll wrap things up.

Figures. Glad there's a few more I guess, but I could have lived with 7 or 8 seasons of 20 episodes. They're in good company though, they had no idea what to do with Star Trek either.

badrose
05-24-2013, 06:32 AM
Obligatory photo? You guys are slipping!

http://www.puresexycelebs.com/daypics/200909/pic/JKelly_JoanneKelly_CW_Warehouse13S1E8.jpg

badrose
05-24-2013, 07:32 AM
I went to close the tab but this one caught my eye because dang!

http://img002.lazygirls.info/people/joanne_kelly/joanne_kelly_warehouse_13_season_2_lyCaJJ0.sized.p ng

CitizenBBN
05-24-2013, 03:09 PM
She's a very beautiful lady, but she has a strength and independence and intelligence in her manner as that character that puts it over the top. Women who play the dumb role annoy me. This show is very popular among women viewers b/c they don't have those kinds of female characters. They're smart and capable as well as physically attractive. That's most esp. true of Myka, in every respect.

Even their guest female characters are outstandingly done. They cast Lindsay Wagner as the Warehouse doctor, a VERY beautiful lady, emphasis on lady. Kate Mulgrew, Jeri Ryan. In a recurring role the drop dead gorgeous Jamie Murray, who is playing perhaps the smartest and strongest character on the show, the "real" H.G. Wells.

Great show. Wish Syfy had a clue how to let the world know about it.

badrose
05-24-2013, 06:33 PM
Jaime Murray is on Defiance now. She's been in a lot of off-beat stuff; Dexter, one of the Spartacus series,...always in a devious role. My wife called her "fish lips" when she was on Dexter. I thought she was smokin'.

badrose
05-24-2013, 06:36 PM
I followed Alphas until they cancelled it. Lots of good concepts going to waste. Syfy develops good stuff but like you said, they need to promote it better.

CitizenBBN
05-24-2013, 06:54 PM
Jaime Murray is on Defiance now. She's been in a lot of off-beat stuff; Dexter, one of the Spartacus series,...always in a devious role. My wife called her "fish lips" when she was on Dexter. I thought she was smokin'.

She's hot as heck. In Spartacus... just wow.