PDA

View Full Version : I missed it!

MickintheHam
05-09-2013, 10:11 AM
Can someone link me to any of the media blitz covering Michelle and Barry calling to congratulate Charles Ramsey for being a hero when he kicked down the door and rescued the woman kidnapped for ten years? I seem to have missed it. I guess there might have been more prominent coverage had he not invoked a reference to the deity and just stated his sexual orientation. I mean that's what heroes do, ain't it broh?

jazyd
05-09-2013, 10:40 AM
They said brother Ramsey hasn't gotten a Obama cell phone yet and don't want to use up the min he actually pays for, just trying to be kind

Darrell KSR
05-09-2013, 11:27 AM
Careful...

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/top-stories/212925/charles-ramsey-interviews-reveal-risks-of-jumping-on-a-good-story-too-soon/

CitizenBBN
05-09-2013, 12:39 PM
Careful...

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/top-stories/212925/charles-ramsey-interviews-reveal-risks-of-jumping-on-a-good-story-too-soon/

Good article.

Folks, the media as a whole have NO ethics whatsoever. In these stories we see every bit the level of yellow journalism that made Hurst rich. They don't care about the "truth", just selling papers, or in this case ad time. The reports from Newtown of a 2nd person and all kinds of "facts" that were so far from true it's sad, CNN reporting an arrest in the Boston bombings that wasn't even close to true, and a situation like this where they grab anyone or anything that will get viewers and build up the story around them.

They're lying to us, and they don't care. Many lies are of omission, like not verifying what a "source" (which is just some guy at a crime scene with an ID badge and not anyone with real knowledge) to flat making crap up to fill in the story line to help it sell.

I believe almost nothing coming out of a story in the first 24 hours or so other than there's been an incident. The rush to be first, the rush for ratings and attention and for reporters to further their careers (want to move from Channel X Boston to the national desk?) makes them all but useless. In Newtown it's not even 100% clear the assault rifle was even used and they don't care, they bought what are now clearly lies about Benghazi and defended them with vigor. How can we believe anything they feed us?

I also agree in this case the media pandered to a man b/c he had ratings appeal, and he had that appeal b/c he was and is a caricature. From Dick Vitale to this guy, the media love caricatures. They're simple, easy to communicate in a small time window, they get through the white noise of our information overload. I don't know if it was racial or not, but it was surely salable.

MickintheHam
05-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Careful...

Why would being a convicted felon matter to Barry Michelle? He can be a great hero to everyone in prison.

CitizenBBN
05-09-2013, 08:52 PM
Why would being a convicted felon matter to Barry Michelle? He can be a great hero to everyone in prison.

As long as he beat the women with his hands or baseball bats and didn't pistol whip them I would think he'd be OK with it. ;)