PDA

View Full Version : Ted Cruz. Finally

jazyd
05-08-2013, 02:39 PM
We have a senator with a backbone and balls who isn't afraid of dirt Harry. Love this guy

CGWildcat
05-08-2013, 03:15 PM
He's gonna be a good one isn't he!!

Doc
05-08-2013, 03:39 PM
I'm sure some know but some may not, there is some question on his eligibility were he to decide to run for President in 2016. He was born in Canada but IIRC his mother was an American citizen. Many democrats claim this makes him ineligible for the office (and I suspect I'm not the only one who sees the irony/hypocrisy here)

jazyd
05-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Same as McCain? Born to American citizen born in another country

QUOTE=Doc;85842]I'm sure some know but some may not, there is some question on his eligibility were he to decide to run for President in 2016. He was born in Canada but IIRC his mother was an American citizen. Many democrats claim this makes him ineligible for the office (and I suspect I'm not the only one who sees the irony/hypocrisy here)[/QUOTE]

Doc
05-08-2013, 09:39 PM
Same as McCain? Born to American citizen born in another country

Different since McCain was born out of the country but that was due to his father being stationed in Panama while on active military duty, and born on a US airbase which I believe is US territory. IMO there is a big difference that and Cruz. Cruz was born in Canada to a mother who was an American citizen while his father was a Cuban immigrant. I like Cruz quite a bit and would vote for him but any candidacy will be challenged by the left. I'll see irony in the fact that many of those who will challenge it are the same who want to grant anchor babies, the offspring of non-citizen parents who entered this country illegally, the privileges they want to deny Cruz.

jazyd
05-09-2013, 09:04 AM
Doc what is the law regarding children born to a American citizen in another country if that parent is there for work r any reason as long as that citizen has not given up their citizenship? What if a parent was on a cation and gave an early birth?

Different since McCain was born out of the country but that was due to his father being stationed in Panama while on active military duty, and born on a US airbase which I believe is US territory. IMO there is a big difference that and Cruz. Cruz was born in Canada to a mother who was an American citizen while his father was a Cuban immigrant. I like Cruz quite a bit and would vote for him but any candidacy will be challenged by the left. I'll see irony in the fact that many of those who will challenge it are the same who want to grant anchor babies, the offspring of non-citizen parents who entered this country illegally, the privileges they want to deny Cruz.

CitizenBBN
05-18-2013, 06:55 PM
Congressional Research Service is saying he meets the legal requirements as they have been interpreted in the past.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/15/chatter-about-cruz-presidential-run-already-raising-birther-questions/

The report states "the weight of scholarly legal and historical opinion appears to support the notion that 'natural born citizen' means one who is entitled under the Constitution or laws of the United States to U.S. citizenship 'at birth' or 'by birth,' including … those born abroad of one citizen parent who has met U.S. residency requirements."