PDA

View Full Version : Trey Lyles Recruitment...Tidbits From Around The Horn. UL Making Strong Push

Darryl
05-07-2013, 10:16 AM
At one time, Lyles was seemingly a UK lock. Several guys on Rivals (Eric Bossi, Clint Jackson) have been
posting several things about Trey. The thought seems to be UK is right there with him, but the possible
2014-15 roster is certainly going to be a major factor (as it usually is). Lyles is a PF, not a 3. IMO (and
things can change) UK will have Dakari Johnson, Marcus Lee, Wiltjer, and Towns on the 2014-15 team.
Lyles would be fighting for minutes if that works out.

Alexander may be here too. That is why these guys think Cal is going so hard after wings such as Stanley
Johnson. UK's class may end up being Towns, Alexander, Johnson, Mudiay, and a SG (Booker, Russell, etc)

Lyles SEEMS to be bonding with 5* PG Jaquan Lyle (top 10 in 2014) and both COULD end at UL. The CI guy
that lives in Indy agrees with the national rivals guys.

Darryl

UKHistory
05-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Don't like this rebirth of Uofl recruiting. How many souls did Pitino procure for Lucifer.

Darryl
05-07-2013, 10:26 AM
Don't like this rebirth of Uofl recruiting. How many souls did Pitino procure for Lucifer.

Cal jump started Pitino. It would not shock me to see UK and UL as the top 2 programs in the
land over the next 5 years.

Darryl

UKHistory
05-07-2013, 10:35 AM
It is looking like UofL will be challenging UK for a while too. I think Donovan got motivated with Cal's arrival too. Crean is Crean.

badrose
05-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Leftovers.

Philly Cat
05-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Choosing between Crean and Pitino is like having to choose between death by drowning or gunshot. They both stink.

Nonetheless, it would be nice to wrest from Tobacco Road the mantle of Top NCAA Bball Rivalry.

badrose
05-07-2013, 10:49 AM
^^^I agree^^^ Nationally, our competition is on Tobacco Road. I'd like to see us put some distance on that.

UKHistory
05-07-2013, 10:51 AM
I have heard several Kentucky fans echo similar sentiments. Even in our previous heyday of the late 70s and 80s, the national media didn't talk up our rivalry.

For me I doubt seriouisly that most UNC are happy that there is rivalry is considered to be the best. In fact I would say they would prefer the game to be dominated by the Heels. I would wager most Duke fans feel the same about Carolina.

I'd just soon be great and UofL be worthless going forward. Same with IU.

Choosing between Crean and Pitino is like having to choose between death by drowning or gunshot. They both stink.

Nonetheless, it would be nice to wrest from Tobacco Road the mantle of Top NCAA Bball Rivalry.

catmanjack
05-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Rick is using Cal to get himself going, was dead in the water after the Morehead st loss.

Then he hired shoe guys to do the recruiting and changed his game plan to model Cal and UK's.

What a hack.

catmanjack
05-07-2013, 10:56 AM
The bottom line is Rick will still not put guys in the pros so if these kids believe the garbage being put out there by Rick they really need to think again.

badrose
05-07-2013, 10:58 AM
I have heard several Kentucky fans echo similar sentiments. Even in our previous heyday of the late 70s and 80s, the national media didn't talk up our rivalry.

For me I doubt seriouisly that most UNC are happy that there is rivalry is considered to be the best. In fact I would say they would prefer the game to be dominated by the Heels. I would wager most Duke fans feel the same about Carolina.

I'd just soon be great and UofL be worthless going forward. Same with IU.

They both benefit from the hype and have enjoyed it for years. Will be interesting to see if it continues after K retires. The shine is already off of Ol' Roy. I hope he sticks around.

dtalbersjr
05-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Screw the rivalry, I don't want ANYTHING good to happen to UofL. It pisses me off when their women's softball team wins a meaningless game.

UofL being good does not benefit us in any way. None.

BigBlue92
05-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Screw the rivalry, I don't want ANYTHING good to happen to UofL. It pisses me off when their women's softball team wins a meaningless game.

Truth.

ShoesSwayedBlue
05-07-2013, 01:58 PM

Absolutely right.

BarristerCat
05-07-2013, 09:23 PM

Preach it.

CitizenBBN
05-07-2013, 09:53 PM
^^^I agree^^^ Nationally, our competition is on Tobacco Road. I'd like to see us put some distance on that.

So say the guys who don't have to work with UL fans every day. :)

I consider it a consolation prize that the rivalry gets hype and maybe shifts some eyes from NC, but since it's a consequence of UL being good I'm sure not rooting for such an outcome.