PDA

View Full Version : Just when you think you've seen it all....

badrose
05-07-2013, 11:18 AM
http://www.weeklystandard.com/sites/all/files/images/sc-1.preview.jpg

badrose
05-07-2013, 11:20 AM
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/dem-candidate-listed-twice-ballot-south-carolina-special-election_721806.html

"She's been nominated by both parties. There's no prohibition in South Carolina against that," explains Chris Whitmire, director of public information and training at the South Carolina State Election Commission.

All votes for Colbert-Busch "go to Colbert-Busch," regardless of whether the voter selects the Democratic Busch or the Working Families Busch. But tonight, when the votes are counted, Busch's votes will be separated by party, even if it's the cumulative vote count that matters.

Colbert-Busch is running against Eugene Platt of the Green party and Mark Sanford of the Republican party.

Darrell KSR
05-07-2013, 03:43 PM
What the?

Wow. That's a law in need of changing.

Darrell KSR
05-07-2013, 03:49 PM
I read a story on this.

While it still seems to me to be an unfair tactic to get additional votes, I read where they will throw out any ballots that vote for her in both parties' slots. So somebody that REALLY wants her to be placed in office, and tries to "make sure" that their vote counts by voting for her whenever her name appears, will get their vote not counted.

I still think on the whole she will get more votes than if her name was beside just one party, but it would serve them right if they had a whole bunch of votes not counted because of that.

CitizenBBN
05-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Ah, the ugly underbelly of American democracy. Gerrymandering, ballot rigging, ballot box stuffing, vote buying. They're a lot more common than most Americans think. Combine the clueless idiots who get to vote with the fictitious people who "vote" and the rigging before anyone even walks in to vote and I'm surprised democracy has even survived. lol.

Catonahottinroof
05-07-2013, 05:23 PM
It's never about the voters. It's about the counters of the vote...