PDA

View Full Version : Benghazi story finally coming out?

CitizenBBN
05-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Congressional Democrats are running for cover re Rice's comments, now acknowledging her story was false, and more particularly that State Dept. and the White House edited the CIA briefing info and the video thing was not part of any intel briefing info that ame to them. They inserted it.

The hope for this process, and for the democratic process in general in this country, is that these people with information come forward as whistle blowers. That's my hope in any situation like this regardless of party or administration. The last line of defense against tyranny may be a well armed citizenry, and the line right in front of it to it is people's refusal to support tyranny by being on its payroll.

The first real sign I've seen of anything happening on this issue has been these Congressional Democrats distancing themselves from Rice. They'll try to make her the cutout, scapegoat, etc., but the fact that they are having to back off of defending her means some things are going to come to light to make them abandon the pathetic racism defense. At a minimum it will hopefully be clear that State and the White House purposefully put out false and misleading information on the attack, and then we'll have the fight over whether it was the political version of the 'lone gunman'.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/05/democrats-now-critical-rice-benghazi-explanation-amid-more-damaging-evidence/

bigsky
05-06-2013, 12:25 AM
The one democrat admitted to the coverup, calling it everything but "lies".

jazyd
05-06-2013, 09:03 AM
What will be interesting is how the media will treat this. Will those here and around the country continue to call Fox News....Faux News. How will they justify ignoring all the information available and no investigative reporting on their part. Their spin war rooms are very busy at this point.

Obama will of course deny knowledge or wrong doing just as he has for 5 years.

CitizenBBN
05-06-2013, 09:20 AM
What will be interesting is how the media will treat this. Will those here and around the country continue to call Fox News....Faux News. How will they justify ignoring all the information available and no investigative reporting on their part. Their spin war rooms are very busy at this point.

Obama will of course deny knowledge or wrong doing just as he has for 5 years.

I'll be curious to see what they do b/c Obama is in quite the quandary.

If he says he had no idea then it means he was utterly disengaged on a major foreign policy situation that cost 4 Americans their lives. He gets 2 national security briefings a day, and we know the CIA briefing had nothing to do with a video and called it a terrorist attack. So either he was sleeping during 2 weeks of briefings twice a day, or he had no idea what his own administration representative was telling everyone on every news show she could book.

Of course if he says he was aware of the situation and engaged then why did he allow his his administration up to and including the Secretary of State and his own press secretary to mislead the nation for weeks and now months?

A media with any interest in the truth and holding a President accountable for even the most egregious and obvious of lies to the nation would be able to quickly crucify him on this issue alone, regardless of what comes out about security and military options during the attack. It would make him a very lame duck President, which is exactly why the national media will do all they can to avoid the entire issue. The only hope is that, as one of the groups most lied to, this finally offends their sensibilities enough they start to act like journalists and not unpaid campaign volunteers.

bigsky
05-06-2013, 09:26 AM
"Well, it was scrubbed,” Massachusetts Dem Steve Lynch “It was totally inaccurate...(benghazi report) It was false information" or "lies"

MickintheHam
05-06-2013, 10:38 AM
I just happened to catch "Face the Nation" yesterday morning. My jaw dropped when I saw that Schieffer had Congressman Issa on to discuss Rice's apparent bald faced lies. Schieffer actually looked angry that his show had been the purveyor of all those lies. My guess is this isn't the first time he and his show have been used in such a way. My take is the real story is so bad and so irrepressible that CBS now has to get on the right side of the story.

badrose
05-06-2013, 11:32 AM
I just happened to catch "Face the Nation" yesterday morning. My jaw dropped when I saw that Schieffer had Congressman Issa on to discuss Rice's apparent bald faced lies. Schieffer actually looked angry that his show had been the purveyor of all those lies. My guess is this isn't the first time he and his show have been used in such a way. My take is the real story is so bad and so irrepressible that CBS now has to get on the right side of the story.

I won't be holding my breath. CBS as well as the others hold the same world view and if they have an attack of conscience George Soros will soothe it with piles of cash.

CitizenBBN
05-06-2013, 05:47 PM

That's my hope, that they feel personally lied to, and that's a bad thing to do to the national press. They get all worked up on that one.

Fox of course has Benghazi as a lead story on the front page. It's #2. CBS at least has it 1st in their sidebar column. CNN has a single entry for it on their "trending" line but not a single story on it on their front page. #1 is not finding a cemetery for that guy's body. Then again they don't have anything on there that couldn't be found on E Network. Nothing on Benghazi, North Korea (CBS' #1 story), the Boston bombing situation, nada.

Their lead is on a limo fire that killed 4 people. After that a story about Amanda Knox, the Arias murder trial, Anthony Bourdain, you get the idea. Complete fluff. Not even a Benghazi reference at the bottom in their "Politics" subgroup, but a story on the "NRA GOP lovefest" found some space.

They're surprised Fox is starting to beat them even in crisis reporting? Maybe it's b/c they actually report on important stories instead of being Court TV meets the local news?

CitizenBBN
05-10-2013, 09:43 PM
Well, big story from ABC that the "one change" to the CIA briefing statement was in fact changed at least 12 times including intentionally getting rid of any references to "Al Queda" or terrorists, and also editing out a reference to the fact that there had been previous incidents that forewarned State that they were at serious risk.

How is the coverage? Fox has it on the front page, right now the #2 story. It's leading with the IRS admission that conservative groups applying for non profit status were in fact being singled out last year as they had claimed.

CBS is leading with a story on C02 levels. Halfway down the page there's a Benghazi story, the IRS story is up near the top. ABC has it #3 on the list. I had to word search on NBC and found a story on how Hillary Clinton is being targeted by the GOP with Benghazi.

CNN has a huge lead on the Ohio kidnapper story. 2nd is CO2 emissions. Then stories on a Guatemalan dictator, then the Boston bomber burial, then "Teen athlete found dead on gym mat", then "Grandson of Malcolm X killed in Mexico", then "Woman saved after 16 days in rubble", finally "E-mails raise new Benghazi questions".

MSNBC has a story on how Kerry "heard nothing new" from the testimony, saw no mention of the e-mail news today at all.

Fox News is "Faux News"? Yeah, right. They're the only site covering what one would call "national news". Major political issues, foreign policy, you know, serious stuff. As much as I care about a kidnapping victim, it's far from impacting on our future as a nation in any way. Just like the girl who got stuck down the well, I fail to understand why we stop the presses for that story but ignore potentially huge issues like whether a sitting Administration misled the American people about a foreign attack or if people are abusing their governmental post for political purposes. Those things can lead to change, can lead to questions of policy and who we should be voting for.

The other stuff should be covered, but not to the exclusion of major breaking news on what I'd consider more nationally relevant stories. Benghazi is having hearings and today we had a major big of news proving the Administration lied very intentionally to the American people. I'm sorry the little girl fell down the well, but it doesn't bump an Administration's gross negligence, leading to both American deaths and a subsequent coverup, to the 3rd page.

dan_bgblue
05-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Very depressing on two fronts. One that the administration had/has a political agenda that led to abandoning Americans in a foreign land to be slaughtered by animals, and 2nd is that that the 4th estate, that is protected by constitutional rights, has abandoned the American people because of their agenda.

Sucks to be us.

CitizenBBN
05-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Dan, if this happened under Bush the big debate on Sunday would be which room he's going to use for his resignation speech. The media would be losing their minds over an Administration ignoring obvious signs of a threat, ignoring requests at the highest levels to address it, and then misleading the country about the attack in order to cover up those actions and inactions.

The Administration was briefed numerous times on an obvious and proven threat (the British Ambassador's motorcade had been attacked among other incidents). The Ambassador himself requested more security. We were then finally attacked (on 9/11 in a move of complete predictability on their part) and refused to use our military to fend it off in any way despite availability. Then the Administration concocted a nearly complete lie about the entire incident, creating a "demonstration" that never existed and characterizing the attack as that event getting out of hand, when they knew from the start it was a planned, coordinated attack by our terrorist enemies.

We now have more than enough evidence of the truth of everything I said that the media should be out for blood or at least every scrap of additional evidence, as should be the nation. Instead they are by and large doing their best to bury the whole thing.

There's no liberal bias in the media though. I'm sure if we had proof that Dick Cheney and not Hillary Clinton had ignored clear warnings and allowed an Ambassador to die and then lied about it that they'd likewise lead with a story on a Guatemalan dictator. Uh huh.

CitizenBBN
05-15-2013, 06:56 PM
White House finally released some documents and emails that show very clearly both the White House and State Department were heavily involved in scrubbing any references to Al Queda or extremists or prior warnings from the CIA talking points. I'm not clear 100% but it seems that includes possible briefings to Congress, but I can't seem to get a definitive answer on that part.

Regardless, it's now well shown the White House lied about the attack's nature and then lied repeatedly about that lie, including their claim that only "one word" was changed by the State Department and that the White house had little direct role in the editing process. There's even an email from the WH thanking everyone and saying the final vetting would "happen here", e.g. the White House. They made the final call per their own emails.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/15/white-house-releases-100-pages-e-mails-notes-related-to-benghazi/

It even says they need to edit parts about prior warnings out b/c it would give ammunition to Congress to question why they hadn't responded to those warnings.

They ignored the warnings from the CIA and their own ambassador, put no priority on those lives on the ground, did nothing once the attack happened, then lied about the whole thing to minimize their culpability and inaction, and room for dispute of that summary is dwindling with each release.

badrose
05-16-2013, 07:44 AM
http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/22258258/ex-diplomat-is-asked-to-answer-benghazi-questions#axzz2TP7BakWk

Petraeus email objected to Benghazi talking points

UKHistory
05-16-2013, 10:31 AM
I wonder if Patraeus' comments led to the outing of his affair? Would not be surprised.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/22258258/ex-diplomat-is-asked-to-answer-benghazi-questions#axzz2TP7BakWk

Petraeus email objected to Benghazi talking points

CitizenBBN
05-16-2013, 10:41 AM
I wonder if Patraeus' comments led to the outing of his affair? Would not be surprised.

Excellent probability. He clearly wanted it to be out there that the CIA had warned the Administration about the risk of attack. Those emails show such things were removed b/c they'd make people question the Administration and they were totally blunt about it in the conversation.

suncat05
05-16-2013, 11:30 AM
The sad reality of this whole circus act is that in the end, even though the real, total truth 'might' finally come to light, is that no one in Congress will step up to the plate and truly do anything of substance to anyone of consequence that was actually involved. Nothing of any substance will be done. To anyone involved.
So, in the end, those four men are going to be little more than appeasement sacrifices for Al Qaeda and anyone else involved is going to get to enjoy the rest of their lives with their families/friends.

I would still be more than happy to spring for the rope.

CitizenBBN
05-17-2013, 06:00 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57584921/officials-on-benghazi-we-made-mistakes-but-without-malice/?tag=socsh

Want to read about just how stupid the people in charge in this Administration are? Here's your chance.

One of them goes so far as to characterize themselves as "idiots", and he's right. The kind of incompetence that puts resources on the ground and your military support assets aren't even in place to protect them is gross in nature, and maybe criminal.

suncat05
05-17-2013, 08:49 PM
The administration did not want to change its story that since Bin Laden was dead, that the U.S. had Al Qaeda on the ropes, and they certainly did not want a weak POTUS look any weaker just weeks before an election.
I do believe it was done with some malice. The kind of malice that comes from corruption and ignorance of just exactly what our country is up against with these terrorists. No one in this current administration cares one iota about 4 dead Americans, at least not as long as it doesn't wash with their world view and their agenda for holding onto their power. Not only that, but there seems to have been somebody calling the plays that shouldn't have been(the Deputy SecState)when their bosses were the ones who should have been making the decisions.
Which brings me to this: exactly what was Obama AND Hillary doing when they should have had their noses deep into this situation? We still do not have that answer, and at this point it smells to high heaven.
Idiots? Yeah. Incompetent? Yeah. Malice? Yeah.

But in the end, as I previously stated, nothing is going to be done, to anyone, because Congress doesn't have the guts to do anything besides talk & point fingers, and the press will continue to lick Obama's boots as it has done all along. And Obama & Hillary will continue to lie and obstruct, as they've been doing all along.

DanISSELisdaman
05-21-2013, 07:00 PM
http://nation.foxnews.com/benghazi/2013/05/21/new-benghazi-whistle-blowers-making-devastating-new-claim

CitizenBBN
05-21-2013, 07:20 PM
http://nation.foxnews.com/benghazi/2013/05/21/new-benghazi-whistle-blowers-making-devastating-new-claim

Wow. If people actually testify to those things before Congress... Just wow.

If it's true I pray they do. The only way tyranny can succeed is if people allow it to succeed. Shut up and do their jobs. This nation's government needs to be brought down several notches, regardless of which political party holds which branches of the government. If we gave advanced technology to terrorists it should become public and the people responsible should be ruined. The obligation to the nation, to the Constitution, to the accountability of government should take precedence over a paycheck.

jazyd
05-22-2013, 08:32 AM
WOW is the correct word if it happens.

When OBL was being taken down all the players were in the war room anxiously awaiting the news...tat is they were there for their photo ops. But when 4 Americans are being murdered and our consulate being attacked and over run, Obama is nowhere to be found, no photo ops, no war room, no instructions, no leadership, just packing his bags so e could leave for Vegas the next day. And yet most f the media ignores those 4 Americans, where Obama was,the lies, the distortion s, the stand down orders issued twice that can only originate from Potus. And a Sec if State tat declares, what des it matter now.

Unless enough people get their heads out of the sand, this country is lost. We have an administration that openly disregards the laws of this country, refuses to prosecute those that brazenly break the laws.....new black panthers....won't prosecute a terrorist in the military but pays him while waiting on appeals and refuses to give those injured benefits to help them, allows a murderer to continue to slaughter his own people, and has a dept of justice and IRS that is as rogue as it can be. And that isn't all of it. Calling a Fox reporter a criminal conspirator in order to get not only his work emails but his private emails and intimidating te press. Our moral compass is broke, we are giving lawbreaking illegal people more rights and benefits than any of us who work. We have a arrogant president who thinksnothing of spending $1 million tax dollars to play golf with woods while his Arrogant wife spends $1.5 million tax dollars on a weekend skiing trip and then asking me to keep my tires inflated so I won't use as much gas.

QUOTE=CitizenBBN;89069]Wow. If people actually testify to those things before Congress... Just wow.

If it's true I pray they do. The only way tyranny can succeed is if people allow it to succeed. Shut up and do their jobs. This nation's government needs to be brought down several notches, regardless of which political party holds which branches of the government. If we gave advanced technology to terrorists it should become public and the people responsible should be ruined. The obligation to the nation, to the Constitution, to the accountability of government should take precedence over a paycheck.[/QUOTE]

CitizenBBN
05-22-2013, 05:40 PM
WOW is the correct word if it happens.

When OBL was being taken down all the players were in the war room anxiously awaiting the news...tat is they were there for their photo ops. But when 4 Americans are being murdered and our consulate being attacked and over run, Obama is nowhere to be found, no photo ops, no war room, no instructions, no leadership, just packing his bags so e could leave for Vegas the next day. [/QUOTE]

It is very interesting that in the OBL situation he was right there, in the Situation Room, with all that 24/7 live video and intelligence. During Benghazi he was not only AWOL, but now the WH line is that it's "not relevant" where he was during the attacks. Apparently all that intelligence, all that 24/7 real time access to our military situation around the world, only matters when he wants to use it for political purposes. When we're under attack and that attack doesn't help him politically, but shows that his claims of having Al Queda on the run are false, he just ignores it and hopes it goes away.

Obama got the OBL boost, but AL Queda successfully killing a US Ambassador would have cut against that success just as OBL not being captured cut against Bush's boost from the successful invasion of Afghanistan. It would have hurt him politically to have the country think AL Queda was alive and well and a threat to us. It also would have created outrage b/c it would occur to many that we were ARMING these people who are now attacking us, a further political hit and a hit against his strategy in the region.

So they didn't respond, played it off as a freak thing that wasn't really newsworthy, and hoped that with it so far away it wouldn't become a politically charged issue at home. Had they sent in troops, dispatched air support immediately, it would be all the harder to keep it from being a big issue politically. They let those people die, let our facilities fall, for their selfish political goals and beliefs.

Either that or we go with this week's Obama defense -- sheer massive incompetence. Personally I'm going with both. They're fools for having let things line up like they did in Benghazi, and they got those things lined up that way and allowed them to stay that way b/c it better suited their political goals.

dan_bgblue
05-22-2013, 09:06 PM
Personally I'm going with both. They're fools for having let things line up like they did in Benghazi, and they got those things lined up that way and allowed them to stay that way b/c it better suited their political goals.

That is an opinion worthy of seeing daylight

jazyd
05-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Should I be pissed because of their stupidity or their arrogance? I decided both.

And today they admit to killing 4 Americans with drones but were stupid enough to say they only targeted one. One killed was 16

dan_bgblue
05-24-2013, 04:17 PM
Lie for the administration and get a promotion? (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/24/state-department-official-who-pushed-to-change-benghazi-storyline-up-for/?test=latestnews)

State department, DOJ and IRS must be running some sort of competition to see who gets promoted next.:mad0176:

Doc
05-24-2013, 04:38 PM
Lie for the administration and get a promotion? (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/24/state-department-official-who-pushed-to-change-benghazi-storyline-up-for/?test=latestnews)

State department, DOJ and IRS must be running some sort of competition to see who gets promoted next.:mad0176:

"Screw up and move up"

dan_bgblue
05-24-2013, 04:49 PM
"Screw up and move up"

Used to be called the Peter Principle but should be renamed the Obama Principle.

CitizenBBN
05-24-2013, 06:51 PM
Used to be called the Peter Principle but should be renamed the Obama Principle.

With Obama I may suggest calling it the Pinocchio Principle. Want to get ahead in the Obama Administration? Lie to Congress.

Oh, and don't forget the promotions that came down with Fast and Furious.

dan_bgblue
05-24-2013, 07:33 PM
Pinocchio Principle

I like

Started to list ATF but they aren't they under the DOJ?

CitizenBBN
05-24-2013, 08:22 PM
I like

Started to list ATF but they aren't they under the DOJ?

Yes, I think you covered it under the Omnibus "Most Transparent Administration in History" Declaration. :)

Doc
05-24-2013, 08:30 PM

Actually its a step beyond. The PP suggest move to the level of incompetence. This is get to that point, screw up and move up!