PDA

View Full Version : Nerlens Noel's Derby Guest

Darrell KSR
05-04-2013, 02:56 PM
7-year old leukemia victim.

Yesterday when Nerlens Noel went to Children's Hospital, he met a kid there who he has invited to be his guest for Kentucky Derby today.

I love Nerlens.

dan_bgblue
05-04-2013, 03:05 PM
He has a heart as big as Texas. What a wonderful human being he is. I love the guy as well.

Harlow
05-04-2013, 05:29 PM
What a great guy

CitizenBBN
05-04-2013, 06:02 PM
This is why I know, I mean flat know, stuff like him charging for autographs has NOTHING to do with him making money or refusing to sign an autograph for a kid. Nerlens is an amazing young man.

TonyRay
05-04-2013, 06:34 PM
How could he not be an all-time favorite even though he played only maybe 20 games, he just gets it and has a great heart.

UKHistory
05-04-2013, 06:40 PM
Wonderful gesture. Kudos to Nerlens. I hope Kelly, believe that is his name, had a nice time.

The only issue I have with autograph charging is at schools during the school day. I can see on school grounds during a barnstorming game (do we not do that anymore?) but charging autographs to an only kid audience while school is in session bothers me.

It is not an issue at a mall. Or a gym. It is just something I don't like at school.

Terminus
05-04-2013, 06:48 PM
He truly is just a class act and such a great ambassador for the University.

Padukacat
05-04-2013, 07:51 PM
This guy lives this. He's been very consistent and obviously has a passion for these children. He is one of my favorite wildcats ever which is nuts based on 20 games....but who played harder and did more off the court than this guy. What a class act!

Bakert
05-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Don't click if you don't want to give the other KSR some hits, but this is pretty special. I can't get over how incredible Nerlens is in this regard. Truly a special, special kid.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=132807#comments

dan_bgblue
05-04-2013, 09:45 PM
http://www.kysportsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?9150-Nerlens-Noel-s-Derby-Guest

GhettoBird
05-04-2013, 09:54 PM
Really an amazing young man.

BigBluePappy
05-05-2013, 10:10 AM
We were blessed to have him for the 20 games we did, but as he himself has said, and proved, a Wildcat for life.

LakeCat
05-05-2013, 12:36 PM
If Nerlens does not go #1 a NBA team will forever regret such a decision. The intangibles of his off the court character can tranforms a franchise and greatly impact the city it's in. Glad he was and always will be a Cat.

Lfbj00
05-05-2013, 09:50 PM
I don't know how many of you guys got to see our local NBC coverage here in Louisville of the Derby yesterday, but Wave3 does it every year until the Woodford Turf race when NBC takes it over for the national coverage up to he Derby.

Wave3 had a interview with Nerlens and Kelly, and when they asked Nerlens about taking him there, Kelley spoke right up and said, "We are on an adventure!" Nerlens just smiled, and Kelly was climbing all over the place. Pretty cool to see.

Poetax
05-07-2013, 09:26 PM
This is why I know, I mean flat know, stuff like him charging for autographs has NOTHING to do with him making money or refusing to sign an autograph for a kid. Nerlens is an amazing young man.

People are gonna hate Citizen, but there's no one like this kid. He could have put his head down, stayed in his room, and felt sorry for himself. But he didn't do that, he grabbed life by the tail and made a difference that had nothing to do with basketball, it was all about people. He will always be #1 in my book.

Darrell KSR
05-08-2013, 09:46 AM
It's really not "fair" to people ready to earn a living, but wouldn't you have loved to have seen Nerlens Noel be a representative of Kentucky for multiple years? Just for these kind of things alone, forget his talent.