PDA

View Full Version : Vultures Eat French Tourist Killed in Fatal Pyrenees Cliff Plunge

badrose
05-04-2013, 01:19 PM
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/464496/20130504/vultures-killed-fatal-cliff-plunge-pyrenees.htm

Like other vultures, the Griffon is a scavenger, feeding mostly on carcasses of dead animals which it finds by soaring over open areas, often moving in flocks. The maximum lifespan recorded for a specimen kept in captivity is 41.4 years.

Fear of vultures has been growing in recent years. Le Nouvel Observateur reports of 'mutant vultures', with one woman saying that a group of the birds, whose wingspans can exceed seven feet, hovered near to where her children were sitting.

One farmer, Alain Larralde, reported seeing a group of vultures attack and start eating an adult cow. There have also been alleged sightings of live animals being carried off.

"You can't imagine what it is like to see an animal eaten alive," Mr Larralde was reported to have said.

Catmandrew
05-05-2013, 07:23 PM
"Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms."-Josey Wales

dan_bgblue
05-05-2013, 07:30 PM
I personally do not like French food

Darrell KSR
05-05-2013, 07:50 PM
I personally do not like French food

Lol.

Sent using Forum Runner.

CitizenBBN
05-06-2013, 12:05 AM
Given how bad many French people smell it has to be confusing for the vultures to know if they're dead or just sleeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

suncat05
05-13-2013, 08:56 AM
I hope the dead "Frog" was at least thoughtful enough to die with a stomach full of wine & cheese........j/s