PDA

View Full Version : Vacation!

suncat05
05-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Vacation time is almost here!
My brother-in-law and his wife will be here tomorrow afternoon from Australia, where they reside. I am really looking forward to this time off with them, and some quality time with my wife too.
He is a civilian defense contractor in communications to the Aussie military, and a born-again preacher too. A very interesting and nice man. We're going to an attraction called "the Holy Land Experience", some dinner theater that has something to do with medieval times, but his thing is he wants to see Cape Canaveral and NASA. After that we'll play it by ear, but my wife and I are really looking forward to this time off.
And no kids tagging along!
After tonight I am going "off the reservation" for a few days. I honestly need the break away from work and other stuff too.

Darrell KSR
05-02-2013, 02:42 PM
Enjoy your down time, Suncat. You've earned it, for sure.

Fill us in on details when you get back on the grid. My vacation this year may be the few minutes I catch on KSR here and there living vicariously through others. :(.

dan_bgblue
05-02-2013, 08:26 PM
Hope you enjoy the time away. Down a cold one for me.:fing11:

blueboss
05-02-2013, 09:17 PM
I'm right behind you, mine starts tomorrow around 5:00 pm. I'm taking two weeks and heading south, starting with Savannah, and then Amelia Island two of my favorite spots on the big pond side.

dan_bgblue
05-02-2013, 10:03 PM
seeya on the flip side boss. Enjoy your well earned time away. BTW Wiggins and Barker will commit while you are gone.

blueboss
05-02-2013, 10:23 PM
^^^After a rough day of surf fishing It'll be the perfect way to cap off the day. I like the way you think..........and I'll be drag'n the laptop for updates.

SC05 I've got a sister on the left coast and hardly get a chance to see her just being on the other side of the continent, I can't imagine on the other side of the world hope you enjoy your time with your family.

Doc
05-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Mine starts June 8 and runs to the 15. We are headed back to Breckenridge Colorado (were there in Dec as well). Plan is to do some white water rafting while there, plus some horseback riding, hiking, biking etc....

Cape Canaveral is always cool. We had a year pass a few years back when the kids were littlier. Need to do the bus tour that goes back to the launch room or pad and the IMAX (I think there is a package deal)

bigronhahn1011
05-03-2013, 01:55 AM
Mine starts June 8 and runs to the 15. We are headed back to Breckenridge Colorado (were there in Dec as well). Plan is to do some white water rafting while there, plus some horseback riding, hiking, biking etc....

Cape Canaveral is always cool. We had a year pass a few years back when the kids were littlier. Need to do the bus tour that goes back to the launch room or pad and the IMAX (I think there is a package deal)

Doc, I've been trying to get my wife to take a vacation to Breckenridge for several years now. I have a friend that went there about five years ago and his pictures were breathtaking. However, I must settle for Disney World for two day and seven day at Madeira Beach just outside of Saint Pete this year. I will be vacationing with my wife, my eight and seven year old daughters, and my mother and father in laws. Please pray for me.

CitizenBBN
05-03-2013, 02:29 AM
suncat, you are one globe traveling family. Have fun. boss, if Wiggins commits while you're gone we may start sending you on more vacations during signing periods. :)

uklandrn
05-03-2013, 10:05 AM
I am gonna finally have a my first official vacation since 2010 the end of November and beginning of December. I know - I know - it isn't summer time but I will be able to watch UK basketball without having to worry about taping the game and watching it later - and I will get to be off for the 10th Anniversary of losing Ron. Congrats on your vacay Suncat - and I hope you have a fabulous time with your family.

CGWildcat
05-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Suncat and Boss, enjoy your time away. Take the moment to remember you are on vacation!!!! Nothing else matters!

Doc
05-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Doc, I've been trying to get my wife to take a vacation to Breckenridge for several years now. I have a friend that went there about five years ago and his pictures were breathtaking. However, I must settle for Disney World for two day and seven day at Madeira Beach just outside of Saint Pete this year. I will be vacationing with my wife, my eight and seven year old daughters, and my mother and father in laws. Please pray for me.

We love Breck. Have a time share there. It's Colorado without the pretentious BS. It's down to earth, or at least more than vail or aspen. Our timeshare is literally 10 feet from back door to ski lift. As ski in/ski out as you can get. This will be our first summer visit though. We own at grand lodge on peak 7 which is the most up the hill place.

I also love the accessibility of it. Coming from FL I'm able to get a nonstop out of lauderdale into Denver, rent a car and be there 90 min later, nearly all expressway. I have a history of pulmonary embolisms which means I have to take flight times into consideration

blueboss
05-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Note to Andrew Wiggins: I have been officially on vacation for five hours and fifteen minutes...lets do this!

Thanks guys for all the well wishes. This one is actually well deserved/earned and I'm ready to do nothing that involves any type of pressure. CBBN let me know where you'll be sending me for the early signing period next fall. I'm partial to the tropics...obviously Maui is out.

blueboss
05-04-2013, 03:30 PM
We're hole'n up in Newport Tn to watch the derby. Looking out over some rainy Smokey's

jazyd
05-04-2013, 11:03 PM
Remember that back if you hook a big one. :)

QUOTE=blueboss;84301]I'm right behind you, mine starts tomorrow around 5:00 pm. I'm taking two weeks and heading south, starting with Savannah, and then Amelia Island two of my favorite spots on the big pond side.[/QUOTE]

jazyd
05-04-2013, 11:11 PM
Have a great time sun at, with what you put up with on a daily basis you deserve a good time. Relax away my friend.

jazyd
05-04-2013, 11:14 PM
LAN, you have a good time also. My vacation was going to Birmingham last weekend paid for by a mfg we buy from for 3 nights and having dinner with Mick and Darrell

jazyd
05-04-2013, 11:14 PM
LAN, you have a good time also. My vacation was going to Birmingham last weekend paid for by a mfg we buy from for 3 nights and having dinner with Mick and Darrell

Darrell KSR
05-05-2013, 12:15 AM

My vacation too!

Sent using Forum Runner.

blueboss
05-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Guess who just came in from a rough day of surf fishing and read Barker is a cat??? One down one to go. Come on Andrew make it a two-fer!!!

Indecently, today I caught three small sharks (1-4 lbs), two whiting (1lbs), one pompano (2lbs), and a couple of sailcats. Nothing neck wrenching JZ

Darrell KSR
05-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Guess who just came in from a rough day of surf fishing and read Barker is a cat??? One down one to go. Come on Andrew make it a two-fer!!!

Indecently, today I caught three small sharks (1-4 lbs), two whiting (1lbs), one pompano (2lbs), and a couple of sailcats. Nothing neck wrenching JZ

lol. UK needs to put you on the payroll to take vaca time any time there's a big recruit out there.

blueboss
05-10-2013, 09:29 PM
lol. UK needs to put you on the payroll to take vaca time any time there's a big recruit out there.

CBBN is going to take care of it as long as Andrew comes on board within the next 10 days.

CitizenBBN
05-10-2013, 09:50 PM
CBBN is going to take care of it as long as Andrew comes on board within the next 10 days.

Yep. I've already gotten brochures for a few very enticing time share deals. You may have to listen to a little sales pitch thing, no biggie. :)

Lfbj00
05-11-2013, 12:43 AM

Weren't you on that same boat with Ricky when he landed that monster Marlin??:sHa_dielaughing:

blueboss
05-11-2013, 07:01 AM
Weren't you on that same boat with Ricky when he landed that monster Marlin??:sHa_dielaughing:

I've never been to Porcini's

Crazy4Blue
05-13-2013, 09:34 PM
1st week of June in Santa Rosa Beach!!!

Darrell KSR
05-13-2013, 09:52 PM
1st week of June in Santa Rosa Beach!!!

Jealous. Great area. Go to Sallie's Backside.

suncat05
05-14-2013, 09:16 AM
Waiting for AW to announce his choice of school. Had a GREAT TIME with my brother-in-law & his wife, went to the "Holy Land Experience", the Medieval Times dinner theater(absolutely great show with very good food!), but the trip to the Kennedy Space Center was wonderful. Saw lots of reminders of how great our space program used to be, and fondly remembered that night when my Mom & I sat up and watched Neil Armstrong take those first steps on the moon. And remembered the conversation we had about all of the advances in science & technology that helped lead up to that historic event. There was so much to see and experience there, and if any of you guys get the chance to visit this place I am sure you will enjoy the experience.
And my brother-in-law, well, he made me laugh. It must be nice to have money............he bought a heavy duty jacket with patches from ALL of the Apollo missions and custom embroidery that will probably be the only one of its kind in all of Australia. I told him he's going to have to keep close tabs on the jacket because one of those French guys he works with will try to "liberate" that jacket from him at the first available opportunity.
It was a pretty good vacation overall. No kids, just the four of us, a nice break. It just wasn't long enough, but then vacations never seem to be.

blueboss
05-14-2013, 11:34 AM
In the FWIW column this morning when I caught two blue fish and a whiting I thought Wiggins was a lock, I guess I needed to add a catfish. oh well ...

Crazy4Blue
05-15-2013, 08:40 AM
Jealous. Great area. Go to Sallie's Backside.

Sounds like a place you might see in Vegas or the French Quarters.

Thanks to you Darrell for telling me about Santa Rosa 3 years ago. Been there ever since.

Doc
05-15-2013, 01:34 PM
I've never been to Porcini's

That wasn't a marlin, that was a snapper.

Darrell KSR
05-15-2013, 07:54 PM
Sounds like a place you might see in Vegas or the French Quarters.

Thanks to you Darrell for telling me about Santa Rosa 3 years ago. Been there ever since.

It is a great area. I am glad you enjoy it as we do.

Gotta get Kingseve over here. Sallie's is in his family. I haven't been, either, but Mick has.

Sent using Forum Runner.

blueboss
05-17-2013, 03:44 PM
The surf fishing today not so good I did catch one nice pompano and a bonnet shark, but yesterday was on fire... 2 pompano, a really nice blue fish, a couple of nice whiting, and a little over three foot bonnet head shark, throw in a decent brown speckled trout, a lady fish, and a couple of sailcats. I also snagged two or three black tip sharks and a itty bitty hammer head. All on shrimp....everything eats shrimp.

badrose
05-19-2013, 08:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1u2G6OyZyCI