PDA

View Full Version : Jarnell Stokes Returning To UT. Vols A Top 15 Team?

Darryl
04-27-2013, 10:29 AM
Lose only McBee and Kenny Hall. They get back one of the best big men in the conference in Maymon. Add 5* shooting
guard Robert Hubbs. That is a very dangerous team.

Darryl

CatQuick
04-27-2013, 11:08 AM
agree

anderwt
04-27-2013, 11:25 AM
Very very good team..3 horse race next year UK, UF, UT

Darryl
04-27-2013, 11:29 AM
Very very good team..3 horse race next year UK, UF, UT

T, I like LSU a lot. I was impressed by Jones' coaching this past season.

Darryl

HerbTarlek
04-27-2013, 01:35 PM
Unfortunately, a healthy SEC does little for UK if those teams only get it right against UK. They've got to win OOC games. Otherwise, their inevitable good play against UK will do little aside from cement the narrative that UK isn't all they're cracked up to be. Which is to say, put me in the camp of preferring the SEC be pitiful.

Darryl
04-27-2013, 01:45 PM
Unfortunately, a healthy SEC does little for UK if those teams only get it right against UK. They've got to win OOC games. Otherwise, their inevitable good play against UK will do little aside from cement the narrative that UK isn't all they're cracked up to be. Which is to say, put me in the camp of preferring the SEC be pitiful.

I agree. The SEC teams all hate UK basketball and think we bring nothing in football. They don't support their basketball
programs at all and are woeful versus most everyone not named UK.

I don't care if those other SEC teams win a game in the NCAA tournament.

Darryl

Padukacat
04-27-2013, 05:17 PM
I dont understand why the draft is so weak when we keep hearing great names come back to school, and surprised they are coming back really if it is that weak.

KeithKSR
04-27-2013, 09:13 PM
Did Stokes actually declare? It is a bit late to withdraw from the draft and maintain eligibility.

dan_bgblue
04-27-2013, 09:28 PM
Did Stokes actually declare? It is a bit late to withdraw from the draft and maintain eligibility.

This does not read like he did (http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2013/apr/08/jordan-mcrae-jarnell-stokes-apply-for-evaluation/)

millsforthree
04-27-2013, 10:05 PM
He was smart. He's a classic tweener in the NBA. Hes too slow to guard the 4 on the perimeter, and won't be able to hang with guys like Davis and Gasol in the post. Like Darryl I think LSU will be more of a threat with JOB coming back, and adding the 3 forwards they signed. Jones has shown he can coach. I think the jury is still out on Martin.

KeithKSR
04-28-2013, 12:06 PM
This does not read like he did (http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2013/apr/08/jordan-mcrae-jarnell-stokes-apply-for-evaluation/)

To be evaluated you have to declare your intent, which means telling the NCAA you are declaring for the draft. If he did not inform the NCAA he was returning by April 15 he could be stuck appealing to be eligible.

Poetax
05-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Now with Golden transferring, this has to hurt tenn no matter what, and if Stokes would leave, stick a fork in tenn.

Darrell KSR
05-08-2013, 09:44 AM
They still have some talent, but losing Golden is a big blow. His overall year was so-so, but he is talented, and when they reinserted him in the lineup the last 12 games, he was outstanding. Losing that senior PG is critical.