PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Fox most believable; cnn least believable

badrose
04-25-2013, 10:24 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/04/25/Poll-Fox-Most-Believable-CNN-Least-Believable?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

When it came to MSNBC, well....:lmao: MSNBC's ranking in this poll isn't at all surprising. During the bombing coverage, the Lean Forward network was humiliated in the ratings -- a natural consequence when you choose to stop being a news network and instead choose to become left-wing talk radio with pictures and smug hosts.

Doc
04-25-2013, 11:40 AM
Poll from Huffpo but interpreted by Breitbart which is hardly unbias so take it with a grain of salt. Of course for me, I'd have answered the poll in that manner. I know sometimes Fox goes a bit overboard but at least their news department is the least bias IMO.

Doc
04-25-2013, 11:42 AM
I love the MSNBC running on and on about the barking dog, like it had some significance. Then going on about cars driving by, etc.....

CitizenBBN
04-25-2013, 11:47 AM
Poll from Huffpo but interpreted by Breitbart which is hardly unbias so take it with a grain of salt. Of course for me, I'd have answered the poll in that manner. I know sometimes Fox goes a bit overboard but at least their news department is the least bias IMO.

True breitbart has it's own viewpoint, but the ratings are hard to argue and Fox definitely beat out CNN in coverage. CNN also did put out multiple incorrect reports including that an arrest had been made when it hadn't. They have become as bad as any news outlet, rushing to put out any tidbit of info without bothering to confirm it in any way. They were reporting nothing more than rumors, and having done that in more than one such situation people are starting to notice. Bias aside, they're having to retract their own reports, and it's encouraging people to look elsewhere for more reliable reporting.

It's not just CNN, 95% of the media is pitiful in its restraint and sense of responsibility, but CNN at one time had that reserve and was a pretty professional entity. Now they're just in the ratings fray like everyone else, and when there's a choice between being first and being right they're choosing to be first.

Catmandrew
04-26-2013, 07:28 AM
Not to over-simplify it, but they're all crap. Fox News is just as much a right wing talk show platform as the others are liberal, only Fox is outnumbered. It's pretty sad really, that there isn't even one truly un-biased news channel out there.

bigsky
04-26-2013, 08:25 AM
MSNBC fans always tout that young man Raphael Maddow, who looks too young to shave., but is so biased and opinionated.

badrose
04-26-2013, 08:38 AM
Not to over-simplify it, but they're all crap. Fox News is just as much a right wing talk show platform as the others are liberal, only Fox is outnumbered. It's pretty sad really, that there isn't even one truly un-biased news channel out there.

I think when you consider the conservative/liberal continuum, Fox News does about as good as you'll find. The problem is the continuum has continued in the liberal direction for the last 20+ years so the middle is still squarely in the liberal column. What is most disturbing isn't so much how the news is presented but what doesn't get covered at all. You rarely see any negative exposure of liberals at all on any news outside Fox and they don't cover half of it.