PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Condo Help Needed

Scout714
04-22-2013, 05:28 PM
Hi Everyone

We are planned a week stay in Orlando at the end of May and looking for a condo recommendation. We will mostly be going to Disney so want to be in that area . My wife and I along with four teenage boys (age 14 - 16) will be making the drive. We are looking for a place with an extra nice pool or something for the boys to do when not at Disney. I have looked online but problem is there are about eight million condos around Disney making it hard to choose. Any help would be appreciated.

Doc
04-22-2013, 06:47 PM
There is (or was) a group out of Celebration FL that rents out homes and condo's. We used them several years ago, got a 3 bedroom house with a pool just up the street from Midevel Times, just a stones throw from Disney. I don't recall the name but know I picked up the keys in Celebration. A google search would do you well.

There is also a Radison timeshare off of International drive but its way south on I-drive (don't stay north, anything SOUTH of Seaworld is fine). There is also a HILTON however with 6 people, you are best off going with a house.

dan_bgblue
04-22-2013, 07:01 PM
Check out the website, VRBO (vacation rentals by owner). There will be tons to chose from and you can negotiate a little with the owner via email. Thanks to Darrell from a few years ago go this tip

MickintheHam
04-23-2013, 12:54 PM
Hi Everyone

We are planned a week stay in Orlando at the end of May and looking for a condo recommendation. We will mostly be going to Disney so want to be in that area . My wife and I along with four teenage boys (age 14 - 16) will be making the drive. We are looking for a place with an extra nice pool or something for the boys to do when not at Disney. I have looked online but problem is there are about eight million condos around Disney making it hard to choose. Any help would be appreciated.

Driving to Florida with 4 teenage boys???? Maybe we could line up a few bars along the highway where you could get some relief from that pent up testosterone.

Scout714
04-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Driving to Florida with 4 teenage boys???? Maybe we could line up a few bars along the highway where you could get some relief from that pent up testosterone.

Heck, the drive down is the only peace we get the whole trip. With IPhones, ITunes, Netflix, Napster, Noodle , Doodle and Poodle plus personal Blu-ray players, the kids never make a sound. We have to look back to make sure they're still breathing. It really is fun. We forward our music to the front speakers and talk and laugh. It's like when we were first married.

Doc
04-23-2013, 06:17 PM
I would strongly suggest renting a house over a condo, if you have 6 people.

AshCat
04-23-2013, 09:13 PM
What are the dates you are looking for at the end of May. I have timeshare available in Orlando at several places. Give me the dates and I'll see if anything is available. Stayed at most of them and they are really nice. Wyndham Properties.

Scout714
04-23-2013, 10:52 PM
What are the dates you are looking for at the end of May. I have timeshare available in Orlando at several places. Give me the dates and I'll see if anything is available. Stayed at most of them and they are really nice. Wyndham Properties.

Arriving Sat May 25 leaving next Friday or Sat ( May 31 or June 1)

AshCat
04-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Nothing available at any of them right now. Star Island, Wyndham Bonnett Creek, Wyndham Cypress Palm and Orlando International Resort Club. If you want to check them out and are interested in any of them I'll keep checking over the next week or so. A lot of times units open up late due to cancellations.