PDA

View Full Version : Ran over his brother

bigsky
04-22-2013, 07:02 AM
I hope he gets charged with murdering his brother.

suncat05
04-22-2013, 08:11 AM
If the authorities were to do that, I would hope that any sentence imposed would be served 'consecutively' instead of 'concurrently'. I would also believe that because a vehicle was involved that the jurisdiction may possibly remain with the state. But if he is tried as a terrorist by military tribunal then I doubt that will be discussed, much less acted upon.

suncat05
04-22-2013, 08:24 AM
And with having murdered 3 innocent bystanders and having wounded approximately 170+ others, I think his defense counsel is going to be really busy trying to keep him from receiving the death penalty. His brother's death is just another incident in a series of events that occurred post attack.

badrose
04-22-2013, 09:04 AM
If the authorities were to do that, I would hope that any sentence imposed would be served 'consecutively' instead of 'concurrently'. I would also believe that because a vehicle was involved that the jurisdiction may possibly remain with the state. But if he is tried as a terrorist by military tribunal then I doubt that will be discussed, much less acted upon.

I think the guy's going to fry.

suncat05
04-22-2013, 09:32 AM
I hope you're right, bad, I hope you're right. But we all know who's going to be prosecuting the case (meaning: the Federal government), and I have every confidence that they will do their best to somehow foul this case up in court, either on purpose or by accident. The USDOJ is about as incompetent a bunch as you'll find anywhere, as evidenced by the fact that they have such a hard time deciding the means by which they intend to prosecute a case.
Case in point: the Major Nidal Hassan case. That was a terrorist attack, plain & simple, and you'll never convince me otherwise. "Work place violence" my a$$!!

badrose
04-22-2013, 09:50 AM
I hope you're right, bad, I hope you're right. But we all know who's going to be prosecuting the case (meaning: the Federal government), and I have every confidence that they will do their best to somehow foul this case up in court, either on purpose or by accident. The USDOJ is about as incompetent a bunch as you'll find anywhere, as evidenced by the fact that they have such a hard time deciding the means by which they intend to prosecute a case.
Case in point: the Major Nidal Hassan case. That was a terrorist attack, plain & simple, and you'll never convince me otherwise. "Work place violence" my a$$!!

I think the tide has turned quite a bit this time. This took place in the heart of liberal land and folks got a good close-up look at the face of the evil that is Islamic terror and they're going to want justice. It's one of the basic elements of being human. Men, women, children killed or maimed by baseless hatred. Things have started going south with public sentiment for this administration and I think this will be a "can't miss" opportunity to turn that around.

suncat05
04-22-2013, 10:59 AM
You may be right, bad. I hope so. But we've all watched this Holder led DOJ foul up just about everything they touch, so at this point I have exactly zero confidence in them to do what's right and legally called for in this case. What do I base my opinion on? Oh, I don't know.........Fast & Furious, Benghazi, Ft. Hood, using armed drones against American citizens is legal, the list is almost endless with Holder & his Chicago thugs.........

badrose
04-22-2013, 11:08 AM
You may be right, bad. I hope so. But we've all watched this Holder led DOJ foul up just about everything they touch, so at this point I have exactly zero confidence in them to do what's right and legally called for in this case. What do I base my opinion on? Oh, I don't know.........Fast & Furious, Benghazi, Ft. Hood, using armed drones against American citizens is legal, the list is almost endless with Holder & his Chicago thugs.........

If they handle things per usual, I would agree. But this time it's strictly political. His own followers want blood and I think he'll give it to them.