PDA

View Full Version : House to house search: Necessary or end of a free and democratic state?

UKHistory
04-19-2013, 04:03 PM
I have the day off today and have been mesmerized and horrified watching the search unfold in Boston.

Police are dressed like soliders. Going house to house searching for one man.

I want this man/boy/coward apprehended. We have to look everywhere. But it is chilling that a major city can be locked down and our law enforcement walking the streets like they are.

Boston was at the heart of the American Revolution. The road to an autocratic capitalist country that pretends to allow freedom is one this nation has been on for quite some time.

Are we about to become a true totalitarian state where the people willingly give up their rights for safety?

I wonder.

Catonahottinroof
04-19-2013, 11:02 PM
Amazing that a 26 y/o and his 19 y/o kid brother put a city of 5 million on lockdown, no fly zone and cessation of public transit. No commerce, no...anything.

If the Al Qaeda is paying attention, you'll see a series of these types of events in the future. This may be small scale compared to 911, but in regular doses its economic bloodletting...

jazyd
04-19-2013, 11:13 PM
We sure gave them a lot of info on how we do things

Wonder how many people in Boston metro wish they had a gun

QUOTE=Catonahottinroof;81121]Amazing that a 26 y/o and his 19 y/o kid brother put a city of 5 million on lockdown, no fly zone and cessation of public transit. No commerce, no...anything.

If the Al Qaeda is paying attention, you'll see a series of these types of events in the future. This may be small scale compared to 911, but in regular doses its economic bloodletting...[/QUOTE]