PDA

View Full Version : Official Bank of the SEC has some IT issues!

MickintheHam
04-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Can you believe a bank of their size failed to renew the contract on the domain name. Good Luck if you are trying to make an on line funds transfer to cover the check you wrote to the IRS!!!

http://www.al.com/business/index.ssf/2013/04/regions_bank_website_down_doma.html#incart_river_d efault

Catonahottinroof
04-15-2013, 01:18 PM
http://youtu.be/iMpXAknykeg

Darrell KSR
04-16-2013, 08:34 AM
Funny. Unless it is your bank.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

MickintheHam
04-16-2013, 01:00 PM
Funny. Unless it is your bank.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

There are two banks in this town that in my opinion are completely a joke. This one may not be the worst.

Darrell KSR
04-16-2013, 01:04 PM
I probably bank at the other. Does it start with a "C?" (or, technically, I guess...with a "BBVA?")

elicat
04-16-2013, 01:06 PM
I've banked with them for many years. I went to do something online last night and couldn't believe it. This is the first time I've seen anything reported about it, but I experienced it. It was crazy. I was able to get to the secure part of the site with a little attention and do my business, though.

CitizenBBN
04-17-2013, 11:52 AM
I'd laugh at them, but I've come way to close to losing a needed domain name to point fingers. Mind you I don't have a dedicated IT staff that has to maintain a whole series of licenses or the funds and scale to go to Network Solutions et al and buy it for 100 years, but I can't help but feel for the IT guys dealing with the hassle.

Even once they get it renewed and pointed correctly the corrupt DNS data will remain in the net for days, leading to continued problems they can do nothing about but wait to for other DNS servers to update.

MickintheHam
04-17-2013, 03:39 PM
I probably bank at the other. Does it start with a "C?" (or, technically, I guess...with a "BBVA?")

No actually number 1 is the bank formerly headquartered in Bham, bought out by Charlotte Bank and now is known as the Pony Express Bank. After moving our Company's lockbox to another city without telling us or our customers, we only found out about it when the Post Office stopped forwarding mail to the new out of city box. Most of the checks were in the 6 figure range. After we closed the account and moved it to a South Gerogia bank, they cashed a check that that somehow found its way to the lockbox. I believe the Pony Express bank has cleaned the place up, but they would never get me as a customer again.

MickintheHam
04-17-2013, 03:42 PM
I'd laugh at them, but I've come way to close to losing a needed domain name to point fingers. Mind you I don't have a HIGHLY PAIDdedicated IT staff that has to maintain a whole series of licenses or the funds and scale to go to Network Solutions et al and buy it for 100 years, but I can't help but feel for the IT guys dealing with the hassle.

Even once they get it renewed and pointed correctly the corrupt DNS data will remain in the net for days, leading to continued problems they can do nothing about but wait to for other DNS servers to update.

Fixed it for you.

CitizenBBN
04-17-2013, 04:15 PM
Mick I have to agree it's a pretty big screw up given their scale of operation. I wonder if it landed back at NetSol or if some other company bought it up and they had to pay through the nose for it. There are entities that all they do is scan for domains about to expire and try to get them, all with software. Unless NetSol had some kind of holding pool for it, some hosts do, they had fun trying to get that one back.

MickintheHam
04-18-2013, 03:55 AM
Mick I have to agree it's a pretty big screw up given their scale of operation. I wonder if it landed back at NetSol or if some other company bought it up and they had to pay through the nose for it. There are entities that all they do is scan for domains about to expire and try to get them, all with software. Unless NetSol had some kind of holding pool for it, some hosts do, they had fun trying to get that one back.

Good insight. You can only imagine the discussions going on behind the scenes. It's akin to a factory not renewing its lease on time and having the landlord put a padlock on the place.

jazyd
04-18-2013, 04:53 AM
Couldn't happen to a better bunch. They bought out my bank in Jackson about ten years ago and suddenly they start sending me a bill for $25 for over draft protection on an account from the old bank that I closed when they bought it out, TEN years ago. Finally thought we had it straight last month......even told them I would get my Birmingham lawyer after them if they didnt take care of it :).........and this week get another bill. This all on top of last year they sent a bill for $49 from a loan they claimed I never paid off. When I asked why they never sent anything before since I knew nothing about it, I was told they ad closed the account and it slipped thru the cracks. After a few choice words and threats I explained there was no way in hell I was paying them $49 for a ten year old loan that they had closed w/o letting me know. She wiped it clean and sent me a letter

I would put my money in a coffe can before I would do business with them