PDA

View Full Version : I pray this isn't true.

badrose
04-15-2013, 11:01 AM
Obama Executive Order would seize US infrastructure, citizens for nat'l defense

http://www.examiner.com/article/obama-executive-order-would-seize-us-infrastructure-citizens-for-nat-l-defense

CitizenBBN
04-15-2013, 11:23 AM
Oh, it's very true. Issued in 2012. More power for Homeland Security, most of which is unconstitutional.

Darrell KSR
04-15-2013, 11:29 AM
Snopes article on it.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/ndrp.asp

CitizenBBN
04-15-2013, 11:42 AM
The EO is very real, you can find it on the White House site. What snopes points out is this kind of authority has existed before. What Obama did was to specifically expand in at least one place to include "non emergency conditions", and more important to specifically empower DHS as the authority in this matter. Snopes confirms this part though it dismisses it as unimportant. Remember Snopes is in large part funded by George Soros, that what they say is in the "grain of salt" category as well.

It doesn't keep me up at night, it's not like we didn't know DHS would be in charge and they were in part founded for the purpose of assessing and preparing in peace time for national emergencies, so this is consistent with their mission. The problem is their mission has crept from a defense against foreign attacks to just about everything under the blanket of "national security" including accumulating power as they bring all the other federal law enforcement agencies under their control.

So I don't like the order b/c it does what I fear most: further centralize power within the federal government, but Obama sadly isn't unique in his willingness to do so, esp. with DHS. The bullet purchase thing, this, it all points to the same basic concern, a federal agency that is morphing from an anti-terrorism entity to a federal police force intent on protecting whatever the government decides is in the interests of "national security", which is of course everything from terrorist attacks to protests by innocent civilians.

DanISSELisdaman
04-15-2013, 10:00 PM
The American version of the KBG!