PDA

View Full Version : Pay-off time for North Korea.

DanISSELisdaman
04-14-2013, 04:32 PM
Does this bunch not know that bribing a spoiled child only makes it worse?

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/14/17748945-kerry-in-japan-us-ready-to-reach-out-to-north-korea?lit

dan_bgblue
04-14-2013, 06:54 PM
The administration needs to let China deal with this problem, and maintain alert readiness status in that theater. They also need to forget about sending them food aid.

DanISSELisdaman
04-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Absolutely right. Every time they throw a hissy fit, they throw them a bone and they've come to expect it.

Doc
04-14-2013, 09:05 PM
The administration needs to let China deal with this problem, and maintain alert readiness status in that theater. They also need to forget about sending them food aid.

China is not going to deal with the problem. Why would they start now?

I agree about quit sending them food etc. Of course I'm pretty much in favor of cutting foreign aid across the board. I'm sick of borrowing money from Peter and sending it to Paul, while we pay interest on it.

CitizenBBN
04-15-2013, 12:05 AM
If the long standing pattern repeats, as everyone here clearly knows, the idealists in the White House will cut a deal to send them aid and relax trade restrictions in return for limits on their nuclear program. They will take the aid to keep themselves in power and their people from mass starvation, then resume their program. The last major cycle we sent Jimmy Carter who came back with an agreement by NK to not pursue nuclear weapons in return for aid. Worked great.

suncat05
04-15-2013, 06:58 AM
Maybe we should send Dennis Rodman and Hillary back and 'tag-team' them into niceness! :sign0157: