PDA

View Full Version : Alabama about to pass new gun law

Darrell KSR
04-13-2013, 10:10 PM
Will make clear "open carry" is allowed. Many think that will serve as an effective deterrent. I wouldn't open carry for anything, as I don't want a bad guy to know whether/if I'm carrying.

It will also make legal to conceal carry in your car, home, businss, or to/from any of those places, wsithout a permit.

For many people, it will eliminate the necessity to receive a CCW permit....hence the reason the sheriff departments across the state are against it. They see them losing that discretionary revenue.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

CitizenBBN
04-13-2013, 11:00 PM
Yep, everyone is for something till it costs them a dollar. lol.

I have mixed feelings on open carry versus concealed carry. I like that it's allowed, in Kentucky it's constitutionally guaranteed, and it really is rare. I see a few folks but it's pretty unusual. I've considered open carrying in our gun sales but not really anywhere else, though it would be more comfortable/allow bigger guns. I see both sides, but I'd want a good secure quick release holster. I've never gotten the concern some raise about it becoming the Wild West, b/c a number of states have non-permit open carry and it simply doesn't happen.

It would let me use a Tec-9 as my carry gun though.