PDA

View Full Version : Weather Nerds alert

dan_bgblue
04-13-2013, 11:24 AM
I just read about this. I have not tried the App nor loaded it on the phone, but will be trying it out soon. It sounds really cool, if it works as advertised. Ya'll might want to give it a look.

Nooly (http://www.nooly.com/)

Darrell KSR
04-13-2013, 03:17 PM
Will give it a try. Love those apps.

I have used a Wunderground, Weather Channel, Intellicast, and now my "go to" is one by 1Louder that I just found. Has great reviews, so I'm giving it a whirl. So far, so good, but less than 24 hours on it. Very useful info, great looking interface, and has picked up where I am via GPS flawlessly so far.

Add CoachSmart (for lightning, etc. created by Vanderbilt Medical Center) and Radar Now for quick radar via GPS, and that's my package right now.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

Darrell KSR
04-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Downloaded. Looks very cool.

Darrell KSR
04-18-2013, 09:54 AM
I have it, like it so far, Dan. Have not used it that much; waiting for one of those days when rain supposed to be on/off.

They have had an iPhone app that android did not have for awhile that did something similar (predict weather exactly where you are, down to the minute or so). There was a "workaround" app for android that kinda got to the same place, but it was clunky. This app is not. Looking forward to testing its accuracy.

dan_bgblue
04-18-2013, 05:34 PM
I loaded it as well, but much like you have been to busy to really try it out.

Darrell KSR
04-19-2013, 08:47 AM
Pretty good day to try it out for me. Just randomly checking, and seems accurate (so far), although I haven't focused on it too much. Sort of, "I remember that it was saying moderate rain and then it dropped to drizzle around 8:05, and I checked around 8:15 or so, and it was a drizzle, rain lessened." Not sure when it did exactly; wasn't paying that close attention.

It's 8:45 now (CT), and it says "drizzle." At 8:50, it is supposed to go to "light rain," then at 8:55 drizzle again; same at 9:00 a.m. At 9:05, it will go to "cloudy." That will be a nice test.

KSRBEvans
06-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Thought of this thread when I saw this LifeHacker article on SkyMotion, an app which is supposed to tell you down to the minute whether it's going to rain in your neighborhood.

http://lifehacker.com/skymotion-provides-minute-by-minute-precipitation-forec-512044066