PDA

View Full Version : Room for God

jimbo4uk
09-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Apparently, after getting ripped a new one for taking God out of their platform, the DNC announced today they were adding God back. How convenient.

badrose
09-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Same thing regarding recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capital. I think they were being honest to their true feelings before the changes.

suncat05
09-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Have you EVER seen a more crooked bunch in your entire life? And I'm not saying the other side is one bit better, because they're not either, but Geez Louise, do ya think they can pander any more? Is it even possible? And on top of that, they KNEW they were wrong on their platform before they released it, but they went ahead and did it anyway, just proving that they're what they are. Hell, I can't even figure out what they are, and I deal with liars & thieves & crooks all day every day.
Except we elect these scumbags to high offices with the intent of representing OUR WISHES before the Congress. I am still of the opinion that we need to erect a gallows on the front lawn of every county courthouse in the nation, and when these P'sOS fail to do what we tell them to do, we just take 'em out on the front lawn and hang 'em high for all to see. I have a few other ideas that would work real well too to get their damned attention, but what I say might be misconstrued as treason. In truthfulness, we'd be eliminating a lot of rats, bats, and other assorted vermin and doing our country a huge favor by keeping these lousy bastards a whole lot more honest when they're doing our business up there in D.C.
But hey, what do I know?
If the ballot box doesn't work, what other recourse do we, the people, have?

DanISSELisdaman
09-05-2012, 09:22 PM
What's sad is that we may have enough people that's gullible enough to swallow all the lies and put him back in. It sickens me to see the depths that this nation has sunk to.

jazyd
09-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Unfortunately we have plenty that believe all their lies, starting with those that gave speeches for them this week, so they lied also.
I love reading the letters to the editor in our paper, I can guess where they are from by just reading the letter w/o looking at the name and town they are from. It is really unbelievable to me to see how much they take the spin as gospel. Their letters are verbatim from the DNC spin machine. it is comical but very sad at the same time.
Romney should be way ahead, but he is fighting voting blocks that he can never overcome. Those that get everything free, the unions so the union bosses can keep getting all their expensive fringe benefits, the illegals who are allowed to vote, the dead who vote by the thousands in North Carolina and every other state.

I may be like cattails and move to Mexico and live by the ocean.

What's sad is that we may have enough people that's gullible enough to swallow all the lies and put him back in. It sickens me to see the depths that this nation has sunk to.

CitizenBBN
09-05-2012, 10:23 PM
I don't put much (any) stock in the party platform stuff b/c both are largely overtaken by the more extreme elements of both parties, but changing it after you get the heat doesn't make it all OK.
The GOP has gotten reamed over their abortion plank (which I have never fully agreed with ) but here's the thing: that plank hasn't substantially changed since the 70s. It doesn't speak to exceptions or a lack of exceptions, nor has it ever done so. This year's platform doesn't signal any change in emphasis or direction different from the last 30 years.

The DNC's planks on Israel and abortion and on God all changed. The Israel part is a substantial change, not an oversight. It explicitly declared Jerusalem the capital of Israel and was then removed. That's a change. The "God" reference had also been there forever, and was removed.

So the DNC will largely get a pass from mainstream media, who would rather be somewhat misleading re the GOP's abortion plank than point out the DNC's change in direction on some issues, but clearly their platform, if you put any credence in them, has made changes worth note. the GOP platform on abortion, the one that drew the ire, has been the same since I was too young to know what it was.

jazyd
09-06-2012, 08:09 AM
They really screwed the whole thing up. The president of the convention asked for voice vote 3 times then declared that he heard a majority 2/3 vote for changing...and the teleprompter is shown having the words for him to say he heard a 2/3 vote and it was changed. LOL, it was already decided, put on the tele for him to read and he was so shook up from the reaction that he had to ask 3 times for a vote that had already been decided and put on for him to read.
And showing those in the audience, the delegates, with Arab Americans signs booing and not wanting God or Israel put back in, that had to be embarrassing.
And give me a break that is was Obamas idea and couldn't understand why it was taken out in the first place. I am betting it was his idea to begin with.

badrose
09-06-2012, 08:22 AM
They really screwed the whole thing up. The president of the convention asked for voice vote 3 times then declared that he heard a majority 2/3 vote for changing...and the teleprompter is shown having the words for him to say he heard a 2/3 vote and it was changed. LOL, it was already decided, put on the tele for him to read and he was so shook up from the reaction that he had to ask 3 times for a vote that had already been decided and put on for him to read.
And showing those in the audience, the delegates, with Arab Americans signs booing and not wanting God or Israel put back in, that had to be embarrassing.
And give me a break that is was Obamas idea and couldn't understand why it was taken out in the first place. I am betting it was his idea to begin with.

It has since come out that he knew prior to and did nothing about it. For the last three and a half years Obama and the Democrats have been pretty bold about showing their true aspiration and I suspect they didn't think those slight changes in the platform would be noticed. IMO this is an opportunity for the GOP to woo the Black vote as they are quite conservative on social issues and have suffered more from Obama's economic policies than the rest of the population. Deep down, you know they've been disappointed by Obama's tenure so far.