PDA

View Full Version : Nashville/Franklin area folks? Hotel advice needed

Darrell KSR
04-04-2013, 10:04 AM
I don't know what is going on in Nashville/Franklin this weekend, but having lots of difficulty finding a hotel. Found out last night only need it for one night, Saturday, due to playing in an afternoon pool Saturday.

Volleyball tournament is in Franklin, but have tried all the hotels there (including Cool Springs) and all are booked. Tried Brentwood, booked except for one hotel which we grabbed temporarily just to have a place to stay--not a good option for us due to room configuration (and pricier than I'd like to pay, too), but will be looking between now and 3 pm tomorrow (last time to cancel).

If you know of something close to Franklin, maybe some small town that is barely on the map (maybe south of Franklin?) that has a nice hotel, I'd appreciate you mentioning it.

Catonahottinroof
04-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Not a resident but I work there often enough. Residence Inn is your friend :)

Catonahottinroof
04-04-2013, 10:30 AM
And now realizing you've likely tried the above options, Hampton Inn in Columbia is south, but maybe too far south.

Darrell KSR
04-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Not a resident but I work there often enough. Residence Inn is your friend :)

You know, sometimes it's better to ask a non-resident. Might worry me a little if a "local" knew all the best places to stay in their hometown ;).

My wife has tried dozens of hotels, with all of them sold out except one. We have a room at the Brentwood Suites that really is force-fit for our family of four for the weekend. We can make do with it, but it's not ideal at all.

So she's still looking. Thanks for the suggestion (including the later post, too!)

blue2ksr
04-04-2013, 10:38 AM
http://www.coolsprings.com/hotels/

Try all of these?

MickintheHam
04-04-2013, 11:23 AM
You know, sometimes it's better to ask a non-resident. Might worry me a little if a "local" knew all the best places to stay in their hometown ;).

My wife has tried dozens of hotels, with all of them sold out except one. We have a room at the Brentwood Suites that really is force-fit for our family of four for the weekend. We can make do with it, but it's not ideal at all.

So she's still looking. Thanks for the suggestion (including the later post, too!)

I have stayed at the Hampton in Columbia. It's not bad. Cheaper than Franklin. It about 30 miles from Franklin depending on where you are heading there.

Darrell KSR
04-04-2013, 01:05 PM
You know, I don't care that much, especially for this trip. It's a place to sleep. Going to be getting in maybe 9:30 or 10. Checking out probably 7 the next morning; maybe earlier.

I'll check with my wife--is Columbia south or north of Franklin? Really, Sunday morning probably won't be bad traffic no matter where we are.

I haven't checked with her since posting this, but will relay the recommendations to her; thank you all very much.

Catonahottinroof
04-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Columbia/Spring Hill is south of Franklin. The Saturn Parkway exit is at 53 mile marker, there is another one about 5 miles earlier and it's a bit of a drive over there from the interstate.
Franklin exit is 65 mile marker. Cool Springs is 3 more miles north.

I'd be avoiding being north into Nashville as traffic is bad during the daylight hours in Nashville weekday or weekend.

Catmandrew
04-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Head on down to Murfreesboro and check out the Stones River CW battlefield there. It's an interesting place, but you better go while you can. it is one of the most threatened battlefields in the US by urban sprawl.

Darrell KSR
04-05-2013, 07:54 AM
Will remember that the next time I'm in Murfreesboro, Catmandrew, thanks! We go there at least once during the Fall, and once during the Spring for soccer tournaments, or super-friendlies. We were there a few weeks ago (team usually stays together for soccer at the Clarion Inn, which is terrific for teams--big lobby area like Embassy Suites, with indoor pool, pool table, big screen TV, tables you can tailgate at and watch ballgames, etc. Looks kinda shady on the outside, but is not bad at all (as long as you have interior rooms).

We have "a" room now, thank you all for again for the tips and suggestions.

CitizenBBN
04-05-2013, 11:07 AM

My wife has tried dozens of hotels,

There's something not quite right with the way this came out.

I've stayed in a couple by the Nashville airport, probably farther than you will have to look. One was pretty bad, can't recommend it, the other was kind of a redone themey thing that was more for grown ups. Nothing kinky, but higher end art and such. They make a decent drink at the bar if that matters.

MickintheHam
04-05-2013, 04:38 PM

In Birmingham????? Really dozens????

Darrell KSR
04-05-2013, 05:33 PM
Nah, in Nashville/Franklin. She is respectful that way; goes out of town :).

Darrell KSR
04-05-2013, 05:35 PM
The hotel we got was Quality Inn & Suites, and I don't think it's that great. 3.2 out of 5.0 rating on one of those sites with 44 reviews, so I'm not expecting greatness. But it is in Franklin, had two double beds that we can make work, and is half the price of the Brentwood Suites. With the last match scheduled at 8 p.m., it's just not going to matter as much, as long as it's safe.

CitizenBBN
04-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Nah, in Nashville/Franklin. She is respectful that way; goes out of town :).

Good. Keep it classy.