PDA

View Full Version : Article: Fantastic story: Globaly commits to Kentucky

Darrell KSR
04-01-2013, 06:24 AM
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Moises Globaly, a 6'10 PG from Maputo, Mozambique, has committed to play for the University of Kentucky, sources say. Globaly, who has played professionally but will benefit from the NCAA rule allowing pro players who have not received compensation to retain college eligibility, is an unbelievable prospect.

"I am excited to be coming to the University of Kentucky," Globaly said. "Although it is over 9,000 miles from home, I have fallen in love with Coach Cal (John Calipari) and the Wildcats, and want to play for him."

Globaly, who plays in the Southeastern Africa/Euro League and averaged 32 ppg, 17 rebounds, and 12 assists, speaks six languages fluently. Although he was the most highly sought prospect in the Figmental League, Globaly refused to be compensated, as he is heir to the Mozambiquian throne, and is a genuine fanciful Prince worth billions.

Kentucky Coach John Calipari was ecstatic over his new recruit. "Moises is the kind of kid you dream about," Calipari said. "I went to sleep last night dreaming about my already record recruiting class. I mean, I'm 'wigging out' over how good it is going to be, and then Moises came along, and he was almost unreal. A pipe dream, almost. Some people might think it is impossible to have the # 1 player at every position, but with Moises, anything is possible, even having more than one # 1 player at every position. Moises is the best of the best of anyone’s imagination. He makes anything possible.”

Kentucky was aided in the recruiting process by the equestrian department and Keeneland according to Globaly, and moreover, although Globaly is a fantastical prospect, he has no desire to go to the NBA now, or ever. "My father wishes to introduces horses to our countryside," Globaly explained. "I enjoy basketball, but I have no desire to play past my four years in college, as I want to take my equestrian degree and help set up the horse farms like we see around Lexington."

At 6'10, Globaly is believed to be the tallest point guard in the University of Kentucky's storied history, and perhaps the tallest point guard ever to play in the college game. He is reported to jump out of this world, and his 69.8% shooting from way, way, beyond the arc was unheard of in the Figmental League, and stretched the imagination and zone defenses to points neither could comfortably rest. But perhaps his greatest asset is his court vision, pinpoint passing, and incredible unselfishness. Globaly's "aw, shucks" attitude about it belies his true abilities.

Kentucky's recruiting class, already the # 1 class of all time, just became a fable for the ages. "Globaly is an imaginative recruit who has been so illusive he has never made our recruiting rankings," one recruiting analyst who asked not to be named said. "But that doesn't mean he isn't a phantasmic player, because he is exactly that. We have been contemplating him since the times of the Globaly recruiting expert, Scott Rigot was recruiting under Tubby Smith, and we're not going to stop now."

Perhaps of greater news for Kentucky fans is that Globaly is not alone. "My little brother, Dubious is a little better than I am," Globaly said. The Dubious story is that he's a little bigger, at 7'4, and shoots a little better inside and out than Moises. "It's Dubious that really wants to come to UK," Globaly said. "I'm just getting there a little before the Dubious player hits the bluegrass."

Word quickly spread to Wheeler’s Drugstore Monday morning. “I knew Cal wasn't pulling my leg about getting depth, but this is ridiculous,” Frank Jocosity, a breakfast and coffee regular said. Jocosity continued, “This is just what we needed to get back on track. Next year we don’t want to just win every game. We want to win every game by 40. With players we imagine like Moises, we’ll dream about it during the offseason, and realize those dreams soon enough.”

Edward100
04-04-2013, 11:30 AM
I heard about this player. He is as good as they say and more. I hope Coach Calipari can find space for him on the roster. Will he be on campus this summer?

Darrell KSR
04-04-2013, 06:29 PM
M. Globaly is always with us.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

Rockcastlefan
04-09-2013, 12:22 PM
The tradition continues!!!!

dan_bgblue
04-09-2013, 02:16 PM
The tradition continues!!!!

I think Darrell knows the Globaly family personally.

Darrell KSR
04-09-2013, 04:07 PM
I think Darrell knows the Globaly family personally.

Well, let's just say I have a good source on the matter :).

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.