PDA

View Full Version : Goodman/CBS reporting Harrow transferring to Georgia State

BigBlueBrock
03-31-2013, 10:00 AM
https://twitter.com/GoodmanCBS/status/318375309319753728

Kentucky guard Ryan Harrow is transferring to Georgia State, source told CBSSports. Began his career at NC State.

akaukswoosh
03-31-2013, 10:03 AM
Good to see it get publicized. Hope he can work things out.

BigBlueBrock
03-31-2013, 10:11 AM
Also being reported by the AJC: http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/harrow-transferring-from-kentucky-to-georgia-state/nW795/

They say he will petition the NCAA for the right to play immediately.

uklandrn
03-31-2013, 10:12 AM
Well -at least he has a place to go. Good luck to Ryan.

Doc
03-31-2013, 10:16 AM
Ga St as in the college, or the institute for mental health? Hopefully this move puts him somewhere where he can be successful. Odd though that he would go to a Division 1 school. Must mean he will be gradating this spring or summer, otherwise he would need to sit out and lose a year of eligibility since he has already redshirted

Kacat
03-31-2013, 10:19 AM
I've heard he will get his degree so I'm guessing that is his plan.

Doc
03-31-2013, 10:19 AM
Also being reported by the AJC: http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/harrow-transferring-from-kentucky-to-georgia-state/nW795/

They say he will petition the NCAA for the right to play immediately.

Having read the article, and particularily about his fathers stroke, I hope a waiver is granted.

TNCat
03-31-2013, 10:20 AM
Good luck to Ryan. I hope he is able to take care of business and further his education to the greatest extent that he is able.

CitizenBBN
03-31-2013, 10:29 AM
For those who may not read it, the AJC article has some details. Ryan's dad had a stroke in 2012 and Ryan's transfer to Ga State will allow him to petition the NCAA to play immediately, and will have 2 years of eligibility remaining if successful.

Cal's good. Really good.

Darrell KSR
03-31-2013, 10:31 AM
And, of course, Ryan is from there. It is going home for him.

suncat05
03-31-2013, 10:36 AM
I wish him all the best. Hope everything works out for him, and for his father too.
This is probably the best thing to happen for all parties involved.

CitizenBBN
03-31-2013, 10:38 AM
And, of course, Ryan is from there. It is going home for him.

One of the reasons I like the choice. Hopefully provides him an environment where he's more comfortable and can excel.

badrose
03-31-2013, 10:39 AM
Turns out well for everyone. Excellent.

BigBluePappy
03-31-2013, 10:41 AM
The stroke hits close to home.
I wish the kid nothing but the best and here's to his father's continued recovery.
And, I also pray that the youngun gets the counseling he needs, for his own health's sake; youngun has some issues.

For those who may not read it, the AJC article has some details. Ryan's dad had a stroke in 2012 and Ryan's transfer to Ga State will allow him to petition the NCAA to play immediately, and will have 2 years of eligibility remaining if successful.

Cal's good. Really good.

kingcat
03-31-2013, 12:09 PM
The stroke hits close to home.
I wish the kid nothing but the best and here's to his father's continued recovery.
And, I also pray that the youngun gets the counseling he needs, for his own health's sake; youngun has some issues.

I'm getting ready to visit my father who suffers with a progressive brain disease causing numerous mini-strokes over the last several years. I can somewhat relate to the stress of not being able to "make it better" for him.

Such things are common to mankind and should be viewed in that light. A person can feel all alone if they don't reach out...and vice versa

Darrell KSR
03-31-2013, 12:12 PM
Kentucky/Coach Calipari statement:

Calipari: Given the health of his dad, we fully support Ryan’s decision to transfer to Georgia State to be closer to his family in Atlanta.

Calipari: Ryan was a vital part of this year’s team and an important player in practice during our 2011-12 national championship run.

Calipari: I want to thank Ryan for his efforts and hard work and wish him the best of luck at Georgia State.

Cal: I know the #BBN will keep a close eye on him & wish him well as he continues his basketball career and his pursuit of a college degree.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

Darrell KSR
03-31-2013, 12:32 PM
By the way, highly recommend everyone read the Atlanta Journal Constitution article linked above. Lot of quotes and detail.

http://po.st/ubLE9B

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.