PDA

View Full Version : Today I'm making......

suncat05
03-30-2013, 01:56 PM
homemade spaghetti sauce, with red bell peppers, yellow squash, zucchini squash, celery, carrots, mushrooms(lots of 'em!), hot Italian sausage & ground beef, with LOTS of onion & garlic & olive oil.
After it cooks in the crockpot for several hours, it goes into the fridge to sit overnight. Then tomorrow I'm making chicken parmigiana to go along with it.

It ain't even in the same league with my little Sicilian grandmother's cooking, but it'll do. Our Easter family tradition dinner. :4chsmu1:

Darrell KSR
03-30-2013, 05:34 PM
Today I'm making...

Enchiladas, burritos, fajitas, cheese dip, different salsas, and margaritas.

OR

Bbq pork (open face, chopped inside meat for me), cheese biscuits, bbq chicken, fries, and maybe a cold beer.

Depends on what the boss ladies tell me here in a minute. Might be Chinese food, too...daughter goes back to school tomorrow, and that might be what she wants.

If I can fuel up the van quick enough, we'll come over to your house. Sounds better than all of our options.

Edit.....just noticed yours is for tomorrow. I can't wait that long, I'm getting hungry already.

jazyd
03-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Had a great fish dinner last night, mick makes basically the recipe

I used fresh redfish but I think it would be great with bass also

Season redfish...for me it was sea salt, ground pepper, cavenders, Tony's. lightly flour fish and put in skillet with just enough olive oil to cover bottom of skillet.
When fish is done, remove and add white wine to the oil and let alcohol burn off. Then add fresh lemon juice and third stick of real butter. Stir until good and mixed together.
Spoon over the fish
As good as any in restaurant

suncat05
03-31-2013, 08:51 AM
Darn jazy, that sounds good.

suncat05
03-31-2013, 08:53 AM
Got home from Mass a little while ago, gonna tackle the chicken parmagiana in a bit.

CitizenBBN
03-31-2013, 11:16 AM
Chicken strips from Zaxby's. Nice change of pace from yesterday's lunch, which was the first part of the box of chicken strips from Zaxby's. I did have them with "magic sauce", Nuoc Mam and thai chilies you let steep almost indefinitely. Also some peanuts.

I can post the recipe if anyone wants. You'll have to adjust for the location of your actual Zaxby's.

Darrell KSR
03-31-2013, 12:13 PM
Chicken strips from Zaxby's. Nice change of pace from yesterday's lunch, which was the first part of the box of chicken strips from Zaxby's. I did have them with "magic sauce", Nuoc Mam and thai chilies you let steep almost indefinitely. Also some peanuts.

I can post the recipe if anyone wants. You'll have to adjust for the location of your actual Zaxby's.

I like Zaxby's. Haven't had it an awhile, but better chicken than most fast food places.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

CitizenBBN
03-31-2013, 06:59 PM
I like Zaxby's. Haven't had it an awhile, but better chicken than most fast food places.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

Way better than most, salads are good too. I go there most of the time. It's about the healthiest fast food option in my driving radius.

jazyd
03-31-2013, 11:08 PM
It aw but that homemade spaghetti sauce sounded awesome

QUOTE=suncat05;74390]Darn jazy, that sounds good.[/QUOTE]

suncat05
04-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Oh, it was jazy. And the chicken parmigiana just about made it perfect. My wife even told me that it was as good as any high dollar Italian restaurant. Wow..........that's a high compliment coming from a lady that is very judicious when handing out compliments.