PDA

View Full Version : LB Avery Williamson on why offense will be better

LarryVaught1
08-13-2012, 06:53 PM
Question: What has impressed you to make you believe the offense will be better?
Williamson: “Just the receivers. We have good receivers that can do a lot of things in open space and the running backs are really good. We have some really good running backs that really compete every day.”

Considering he goes against these guys daily, makes me excited to see him talking about receivers who can get in open space and make plays. Not sure anybody at UK could do that last year

Darrell KSR
08-13-2012, 07:52 PM
Larry, I am getting optimistic. Now don't do that to me without good reason, ok?

suncat05
08-14-2012, 05:10 PM
That is IF the WR's will catch the stinkin' ball! I do like what I'm hearing though!

natedogstx
08-14-2012, 05:46 PM
anxious to see who emerges to be the 4th and 5th guys in the rotation. fields, boyd, legree and sweat all have a chance.

truecatsfan
08-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Greetings Suncat and Darrell. Sweat has been impressive so far

Darrell KSR
08-14-2012, 08:45 PM
Hey truecatsfan and natedog. Glad you guys are here!

natedogstx
08-14-2012, 09:17 PM
thanks Darrell. i'll be splitting time between the two boards until scout subscription runs out. want to see the other site get off to a good start from brian's sake.

suncat05
08-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Lots of familiar names on our new home here. It's good to be here amongst old friends. I sincerely hope Williamson is right in his assessment of the wide receivers. He sees them & practices against them every day so I'll take his word at face value for now. But he'd better be right, or the fanbase will be louder than ever in it's criticism of the players and the coaches. These players have to start doing what they're being coached to do, especially given how poorly they've performed the last two years.
I'm optimistic about what is being said, but I want to see tangible results that allows us all some comfort about the future of Kentucky football. Enough is enough already!

Droops63
08-15-2012, 11:51 AM
I really like what Williamson had to say in the sense that it wasn't a 'fluff' remark about how hard the guys are working, progressing, etc. He identified one particular piece of the offense and noted exactly how they've improved. To me that gives a legitimate reason for hoping that things are better. I'm still concerned about the O-line, but if the receivers can get space and catch the ball that will help.

SalsaKat
08-15-2012, 02:02 PM
If the receivers can step up their game then yes, I see the offense being leagues ahead of last year even if nothing else improves.

I think it's quite clear how much we missed a reliable playmaker like Randall Cobb.

Darrell KSR
08-16-2012, 12:23 AM
Reliable playmaker? He was my hero.

I need another hero wearing blue on Saturdays.

SalsaKat
08-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Reliable playmaker? He was my hero.

I need another hero wearing blue on Saturdays.

To borrow from The Internet, if he wasn't your hero UR DOING IT WRONG.

But I don't mean that we even need another Randall, just somebody that we know if we throw it to him, he'll catch it and be able to make some kind of a play with it. Doesn't have to be amazing, but something positive. Somebody that, a la the Bulls and Jordan or the Lakers and Kobe, you know that if you just get him the ball he'll get the job done in the crunch.