PDA

View Full Version : How bad will Miss. State basketball be this year?

Darrell KSR
09-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Arnett Moultrie and Renardo Sidney left early, Dee Bost graduated and Rodney Hood and DeVille Smith both transferred.

Freshman guard Jacoby Davis tore his ACL in July, fellow frosh Fred Thomas had surgery in August for a stress fracture and now Shaun Smith and Kristers Zeidaks have been tossed off the team for repeated violations of team rules.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/20050055/mississippi-state-tosses-two-off-team-bulldogs-set-for-sec-doormat

Krank
09-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Darrell, how long a rope do you imagine Stansbury has in Starkville before it gets cut?

Darrell KSR
09-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Negative six months.

(He resigned six months ago :) )

Rick Ray will get three years to establish himself. Any progress, and it'll be longer. I think he'll do a good job there.

Krank
09-04-2012, 06:54 PM
LOL, wow, man, my memory is starting to concern me in my advancing age. Thanks for the reminder Darrell.

Darrell KSR
09-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Krank, I don't think I could tell you what I had for breakfast yesterday. So I'm right there with ya.

DanISSELisdaman
09-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Now I know why this board was started, it's a special board for us old senile senior citizens. :p

You know Miss St. does have a couple things in their favor. With Sidney leaving, they wont have to play 4 against 5 this year, unless they don't have 5 players to suit up.

Also, they wont being playing under the handicap of having Stansberry as coach. That's got to count for something.

tyleradkins
09-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Mississippi State will be lucky to win 10 games this year in my opinion. I think they will be like Auburn was a few years ago. All time bad.

Darrell KSR
09-04-2012, 08:07 PM
I hated to be critical of Rick Stansbury, because I know he was friends with Larry Vaught (and vice-versa). But Stansbury cast his lot "all in" with Renardo Sidney, we saw the train wreck coming, attempted to call it, and he wouldn't listen.

I was at the UK-MSU game in Starkville last year (along with JazyD, Mickintheham and the incomparable Katie, his daughter, Larry Vaught, and others here) and visiting with him and his wife after the game (along with about 50+ other people at the time), and you could tell then it was his last hurrah. I told friends afterward he wouldn't coach another season at MSU.

chroix
09-05-2012, 07:50 AM
He cast his lot with the way he reacted to losing in my book.