PDA

View Full Version : Shaka Smart Signs Extension At VCU

Darryl
03-27-2013, 10:11 PM
link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/shaka-smart-signs-extension-vcu-ucla-minnesota-look-012309723--ncaab.html

Darryl

millsforthree
03-27-2013, 10:17 PM
Guess he's not going to Minny-sota

CitizenBBN
03-27-2013, 10:31 PM
Takes my #1 "don't want him there" pick from UCLA. Hope they keep up the good work.

Darryl
03-27-2013, 10:33 PM
Takes my #1 "don't want him there" pick from UCLA. Hope they keep up the good work.

Yep....

Darryl

ShoesSwayedBlue
03-27-2013, 10:40 PM
^^^ Me three. Too good a coach and plays too fun a style. Didn't want him anywhere near UCLA.

Padukacat
03-27-2013, 10:55 PM
They dont call him smart for nuthin!

ukpumacat
03-27-2013, 11:00 PM
Fwiw, everything I heard is that Smart was not offered the job, and was down on the list of those to be offered. Not positive why as I think he would have been very good there. As I stated in the other thread, UCLA is after Stevens first and foremost of the "most likely to hear them out" list (Pitino and Donovan being at the top). I do know this, it will be enough to get UCLA boosters to start a slight panic as they already have no faith in their admin.

CitizenBBN
03-27-2013, 11:14 PM
Stevens is #1A on my "hope they don't take it" list. Get past him and Pitino and Donovan and I'll take a breath.

millsforthree
03-27-2013, 11:16 PM
Don't think Stevens goes there. How many coaches since wooden have left on good terms?

ukpumacat
03-27-2013, 11:17 PM
Stevens is #1A on my "hope they don't take it" list. Get past him and Pitino and Donovan and I'll take a breath.

I agree. There are a couple of lower-tier guys that would scare me, but I don't think they will get offered. I hope not. The best thing for the rest of college basketball would be for Mike Brown or another re-tread to get this job.

Darryl
03-27-2013, 11:18 PM
Puma is very much in the know. There is a guy on CI (Running Ramel who is a law school professor in Indy) that is very good friends with
the Stevens family. In the past he has been adamant Brad will only coach at UK, Butler, Notre Dame, Indiana, Duke or UNC. Things can
always change, but that has been the stance for awhile.

Darryl

ukpumacat
03-27-2013, 11:30 PM
Puma is very much in the know. There is a guy on CI (Running Ramel who is a law school professor in Indy) that is very good friends with
the Stevens family. In the past he has been adamant Brad will only coach at UK, Butler, Notre Dame, Indiana, Duke or UNC. Things can
always change, but that has been the stance for awhile.

Darryl

I remembered you saying that a while back. If I were a UCLA fan, that news would scare me, and I have kept it in the back of my head. I'm telling you, if they strike out on their top 5 choices, some heads are going to explode.

millsforthree
03-27-2013, 11:33 PM
Hey Pearl will be available in another year....I'm sure that SOS would take it

ukpumacat
03-27-2013, 11:34 PM
Hey Pearl will be available in another year....I'm sure that SOS would take it

Funny enough I thought about that today. Pearl crucified the UCLA fans on tv today, so doubt he would get an offer any time this decade. However, I actually thought, "man, Bruce Pearl would be scary good at UCLA honestly". But that's just me as like I said, it seems neither he nor they would have any interest in the least.

dan_bgblue
03-28-2013, 08:34 AM
Has Sampson's probation expired yet?

tbradg
03-28-2013, 09:08 AM
UCLA would have to give a truck load of money to Donovan. He lives in Florida and pays zero state income tax. He is currently in the top 5 of coaches' salaries. The state income tax in California is 14%.

That eliminates Donovan IMO.

CatinIL
03-28-2013, 09:28 AM
UCLA would have to give a truck load of money to Donovan. He lives in Florida and pays zero state income tax. He is currently in the top 5 of coaches' salaries. The state income tax in California is 14%.

That eliminates Donovan IMO.

That's a really good point!

Regarding HC Smart, does louisville go after him after "Done in 15 Seconds" retires? :533:

suncat05
03-28-2013, 10:16 AM
That's a really good point!

Rearding HC Smart, does louisville go after him after "Done in 15 Seconds" retires? :533:

That might make the Kentucky-Louisville rivalry a bit interesting once he figures out the intensity of dislike between the two fanbases.