PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think will be your favorite UK Basketball player this year?

Krank
09-03-2012, 06:26 PM
For whatever reason, I have been thinking about this a lot lately.

I think many would predict that Alex Poythress will end up being the overall "best" UK player this coming season and I can't wait to watch him play. I love the diversity of his skill set and his ability to defend many positions.

I love what I am hearing about Willie Cauley-Stein and the possibility of a new "Twin Towers" (or Triplet Towers, including Kyle?) with Nerlens Noel.

I am a big fan of Kyle Wiltjer. I think he may very well be THE best shooter at UK EVER (just watch how he shoots, with so little effort and ZERO lack of confidence). I also like his potential for an inside-out game.

I love Harrow's quickness and I know he will have a lot of exciting highlights.

Ultimately, though, I have this weird feeling that my fave will end up being Archie Goodwin. The kid has been wanting to play for Coach Calipari for YEARS, he seems to have an incredibly great and coachable attitude, and his PG skills looked much better than I would have imagined in the McD game. I really don't care if he is a great shooter (just hope he takes GOOD shots when he does fire it up). I love his strength, quickness, and fearlessness going to the hole. Something tells me he will be one of our very best defenders from the word "go". I just have this great feeling about him.

So I am going with Archie Goodwin as my predicted favorite player this season. Who would you choose at this point?

blue2ksr
09-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Poythress.

Classy, intelligent kid (as others are also, I'm sure), but I've heard nothing but fantastic stuff about him off the court.

His on the court reputation speaks for itself.

I'm sure glad we snagged him away from Vandy, which is 45 minutes from his home.

DanISSELisdaman
09-03-2012, 10:12 PM
I think I'll have to go with Wiltjer, although I'm expecting some really good things from Cauley and the other freshmen. If Wiltjer has improved on defense to where he can get major minutes, I think we're going to see some incredible offensive games from him.

Lfbj00
09-04-2012, 01:25 AM
I'm gonna stick with my favorite from last year, Kyle Wiltjer. Followed closely by Jon Hood, who hopefully will finally get to see some clock this year!!

Krank
09-04-2012, 06:25 PM
All great answers... cuz, of course, the great thing about a thread like this is there can be no bad answers.

I am curious to see some Noel fans come out of the woodwork. After all, he is the #1 recruit, has all the pressure of "replacing" Anthony Davis, which is unfair, will be the latest in a continuing list of big men who will be exciting to watch develop under Coach Calipari.

Maybe I will make him co-fave with Archie.

blueboss
09-04-2012, 09:24 PM
That's going to be a tough act to follow from my previous favorites list over the Cal years alone. First with Cousins and then with Harrelson and last year MKG but all three years I loved it when Miller hit the floor and I always pulled hardest for him to do well. This year is still TBD but I'll know after the we get done with the exhibition games.

I know it's a cop out but I'm sticking with TBD

ShoesSwayedBlue
09-07-2012, 04:58 PM
I'll go with Harrow. Tiny little jet fast guy who's always smiling and who will throw down like a T Rex on the break [I doubt T Rexes could dunk though, short arms and all:p].