PDA

View Full Version : Point to make after the game

wes011
09-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Obviously none of us wanted to take a loss but here are some valid points that I think need to be stated after this first game.

1. We have a lot of work to do on defense. I mean a lot of work. I was shocked how little push we got on the line. I thought the D-line was going to be a strength, well today they got their arses handed to them plain and simple.

2. Offense trying to stretch the field. I liked what I saw from the offense. The two turnovers absolutely killed us for three reasons - 1) defense had to come back out 2) scoreboard 3) momentum killer. This team cannot beat itself.

3. Where were our defensive backs? There was nobody around some of these receivers for like 5-10 yards on some plays. Did we miss assignments or was it a bad scheme?

4. Blocking was pretty bad bad receivers. Have to get physical.

5. Sanders is not an SEC back. I thought he was a little fat last year and he does look like he has slimmed down, however, he lacks speed which would be fine if he had balance and size.....but he does not.

6. I thought the screens were good calls against an attacking D, some became predictable and some got blown up due to lack of receiver blocking.

7. I hate throwing a 1 yard pass and hoping for a receiver to make a guy miss on 3 and 7. Just throw the ball 7 yards darn it.

8. Aaron Boyd actually made it on the field and had some decent possession catches.

9. Special forces have to become a strength.

10. Defense needs to get off the field on 3rd and long.

wes011
09-02-2012, 10:08 PM
Okay just checked the boxscore. Sanders had 3 runs for 36 yards...I dont' remember those three apparently. I still don't think he has that "burst" of speed that is needed.

suncat05
09-03-2012, 07:29 AM
Uhhhh, just a question Wes........... special "teams", is that what you meant? I mean, because our "Special Forces" are the best in the world!
LOL! I know what you meant, just had to throw that little moment of levity out there after a truly underwhelming performance from our guys yesterday. ;)

wes011
09-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Uhhhh, just a question Wes........... special "teams", is that what you meant? I mean, because our "Special Forces" are the best in the world!
LOL! I know what you meant, just had to throw that little moment of levity out there after a truly underwhelming performance from our guys yesterday. ;)

Yeah Joker calls his special teams special forces. I think we should go back to special teams until they deserve the special forces moniker.

chroix
09-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Definitely earning the "special" tag.