PDA

View Full Version : Ted Nugent takes on wild boar issue

blueboss
03-12-2013, 09:42 PM
I recall a thread a while back that touched on invasive species causing havoc on ecosystems that support certain game and the property destruction associated with their ability to thrive. Uncle Ted is on the job down in Texas doing what he can and all along the way making 2nd amendment statements.

http://now.msn.com/ted-nugent-shoots-hogs-from-helicopter

CitizenBBN
03-12-2013, 10:19 PM
This may end up in the Barber shop just b/c that piece is about as slantedly written as I've seen. Bound to draw some responses.

As to the subject at hand, feral pigs and coyotes are a real plague right now, and they harvested the meat and gave to shelters. That's a good day's work.

dan_bgblue
03-12-2013, 10:21 PM
Good thing the shelters were not in Louisiana

Next to the definition of loose cannon in Websters is a picture of Nugent. Machine guns from a helicopter? Geeez

jazyd
03-12-2013, 10:40 PM
[good for him. Until you have hunted on land with these things you don't know the damage they do.

they eat everything in site, root up and destroy food plots, run off other game and are a total menace . We have them where I hunt and we kill every one we see. They have several litters a year, root up roads eat all the acorns and food. You can hunt them here on private land 24/7 52,weeks a year. Very hard to kill them off once they start. Tear up roads, food plots. Total menace

QUOTE=dan_bgblue;65346]Good thing the shelters were not in Louisiana

Next to the definition of loose cannon in Websters is a picture of Nugent. Machine guns from a helicopter? Geeez[/QUOTE]

CitizenBBN
03-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Next to the definition of loose cannon in Websters is a picture of Nugent. Machine guns from a helicopter? Geeez

A lot of rock stars and celebrities have these bogus nicknames made up by PR people. "The Motor City Madman" is well earned.

I love the guy. I really do. You see so many people in this world who have the means to do as they please, to embrace their beliefs and have enough money or persona or whatever to get away with it, and they don't enjoy it. Nugent enjoys it, and he's true to his beliefs, be they mainstream or bat crap crazy. It helps that I agree with him politically on a lot of stuff but I admire those who are financially secure and realize what fun you can have with that accomplishment.

I esp. admire those who can make a living having fun, and then manage to tick off the self-righteous all at the same time. :)

suncat05
03-13-2013, 07:31 AM
I have seen sport shooting shows where hogs have been hunted from helicopters, mostly in Texas & Arkansas. I would love to do that sometime, seems like it would be lots of fun.
Wild hogs & coyotes are beautiful animals, but they are also an extreme detriment to the environment they live in. They cause lots of environmental & property damage, in addition to causing other animals to vacate the area for their own survival.
While I have not seen any coyotes around here lately, I have heard two different groups yipping & yapping close to my house while I was walking my dog a few days ago. So I guess it'll be time to bait 'em up again soon and start thinning out their numbers around my house. They are not gettin' my little pooch!
Ted Nugent..........gotta love him! He really knows how to tick off the liberals, doesn't he? And he's a darn fine musician too! I have always liked his music.

jazyd
03-13-2013, 10:05 AM
Uh oh Suncat on the loose again in the neighborhood LOL

suncat05
03-13-2013, 02:13 PM
Uh oh Suncat on the loose again in the neighborhood LOL

Yes sir, that's all true. Shoot 'em up, bang-bang! Gators are gonna be eatin' good real soon........