PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Genuine Realist
08-13-2012, 05:03 PM
Rather puzzled, though.

badrose
08-13-2012, 05:06 PM
About which part(s)? Chances are they've been answered here already. Glad you made it over.

Philly Cat
08-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Really glad you're here, GR.

Genuine Realist
08-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Puzzled about what happened? Coup?

Darrell KSR
08-13-2012, 06:18 PM
Nah, GR. Just one of those things. CitizenBBN talked about it somewhere here, but no need to say anything bad about the former host, just we're here, and they're there, and after 7-1/2 years, we'll be getting some things we have been wanting for a long time.

Such as mobile-friendly forums. (My favorite)
Such as easy promotion of articles. (Also my favorite)
Such as articles and blog abilities. (Also my favorite. Dang, they're all my favorites.)
Such as ability to do podcasts, imbed video, and the like.
Such as photo albums for our photographer (and others) to use.
Such as the ability to decide what is covered, how it is covered, when and how it is presented.
Such as the ability for users to have a navigation-friendly site, link photos from theiir hard drives without uploading it to an online web-hosting site first, and the like.

And really, about a thousand other things.

We're pumped about it. You'll be seeing some new and some familiar names appear as well that will contribute to the site.

Of this, we are serious--we intend for it to be the one-stop shop for all UK sports. Information overload, and then some, and as always, the best place on the planet to discuss UK sports.

Chuck described it better on another thread--but let's just say, we are happy you are here. We have a great response from the regulars and are ecstatic with the response in just 24 hours. You guys rock.

Bakert
08-13-2012, 06:19 PM
Glad to see you made it over, Frank!

blue2ksr
08-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Glad to see you here!

You are one of the first posters I can remember when I started joining in the message board frenzy many years ago, and have always enjoyed your posts!

KSRdallen
08-13-2012, 10:39 PM
Great to see you here GR!

LarryVaught1
08-14-2012, 11:00 AM
thanks for coming over with us

jazyd
08-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Big coup, Citizen decided he wanted to take over and control the system, Darrell wanted to make sure no one could ever catch him in total posts, and Larry wanted top billing. other than that, just the same old crowd, glad you are part of it.

Puzzled about what happened? Coup?

elicat
08-14-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm puzzled, GR, because I clicked on a thread you started and the lack of an avatar was more disappointing than it would have been if it had been anybody else's thread.