PDA

View Full Version : SEC East is wide open!

Catfan73
09-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Maybe Joker & Co. can take advantage?

So far our East brethren have been somewhat less than spectacular against out of conference foes:
UT beat NCSU (8-5, 4-4 in the ACC last year) 35-21
UGa beat Buffalo (3-9, 2-6 last year in the MAC) 45-23 after leading 24-16 at the half
UF beat Bowling Green (5-7, 3-5 in the MAC) 27-14 after leading only 17-14 going into the fourth quarter.

Plus, neither SC or VU looked all that good against each other. Missouri is currently beating up on SE Louisiana, but they're 1-AA.

dan_bgblue
09-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Love your optimism, but the first game of the year against a nothing opponent for the teams mentioned does not indicate to me that the East is wide open. It is difficult to get a team UP to play a nobody in the first game of the season. The only surprise to me today was how well UT played. I hope UK can compete for the East title, but I also hope they win tomorrow afternoon, and that is as far as I am willing to look in this young season.

Catfan73
09-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Fair enough Dan. I don't really expect UK to realistically compete for the East title this year, and I know what you mean about these first games against inferior competition, but darn it I don't see anyone that isn't beatable. If we can stay healthy and are anywhere near as good as the coaches seem to think we are, who knows?

dan_bgblue
09-01-2012, 09:16 PM
And that is why I have hope for the season and look forward to each contest.

truecatsfan
09-01-2012, 09:37 PM
The West sure looks the best. If we can get a win tomorrow with the youg talent and gain confidence. Who knows

suncat05
09-02-2012, 06:31 PM
The SEC East may be 'wide open', as you say, but you can go ahead and scratch Kentucky from the list of contenders. After watching this display of ineptitude today, I think we will be lucky if we win more than 3 games this season.