PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here make the list?

blueboss
03-04-2013, 09:54 PM
Sadly I still don't find my name, but if anybody wants to spot me 1/1000 of a billion I promise to make them proud.

http://money.msn.com/investing/the-worlds-top-billionaires-2013

CitizenBBN
03-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Yeah, I'm on there. In my dreams. I'm also telekinetic and apparently highly desirable to the opposite sex. Those are better than the dreams where they find a mistake in my high school transcript and force me to retake my senior year. lol.

Not to side track, but what would one do with a billion dollars? IMO so many of these people waste a great opportunity.

Interested in politics? Imagine the power of a billion dollars. properly leveraged you could take over a major media outlet and "fix" it the way you want. The interest alone would fund a large number of campaigns across the country. You could lobby for changes in laws that have nothing to do with making you more money, just things that are right.

Entertainment and fun? I wonder what I could do with the Star Trek franchise. I see a new TV series in its future, more movies, likely another animated series as well. How about picking up where Shelby left off with custom American muscle?

Education? A series of privately endowed schools across the country.

I like guns manufacturing, I appreciate the ingenuity of such designs and the craftsmanship of their making. Think I'd buy 2 or 3 of the biggest makers and move them to Kentucky. Good clean, stable industry for the state we could be proud of having, and I could go to work prototyping new designs. Heck of a way to spend your day versus golfing 5 times a week.

These guys mostly just focus on either getting 2 billion or sticking to their social conventions. With a billion dollars you have hard core FU money. Have fun, pick a cause, do someting with it. You could spend vast amounts of it and still leave your family secure financially for generations. It's like playing with house money.

heck if you're really good you could do something fun or important and turn a profit. Lot of Trekkies out there, and my media empire will have a lot of viewers and readers. :)

jazyd
03-05-2013, 09:30 AM
I spent my time looking at the richest women, I could be a kept man

blueboss
03-05-2013, 11:28 PM
A thousand million is some serious coin and would eliminate the word "worry" from your vocabulary.

blueboss
03-05-2013, 11:30 PM
I spent my time looking at the richest women, I could be a kept man

A great way to eliminate back pain