PDA

View Full Version : Some shameless self-promotion...

Warren
03-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Hey, gang --

I just wanted to let you know that Broken Glass Waltzes, my first novel, has been published by Snubnose Press and is available for e-reader at Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Glass-Waltzes-ebook/dp/B00BNKE296/). A dead-tree version will follow soon. It's a crime novel, set in the Cincinnati/NKY bar band scene of the late 1980s/early 90s.

FAIR WARNING: This is a novel about not-nice people doing not-nice things. There are numerous explicit sex and violence scenes throughout the book, and much of the language is of the sort people use when they drop large, heavy objects on their toes, so if you're easily offended or shocked, it really isn't the book for you. But if you have a taste for contemporary crime pulp, have an e-reader, and $2.99 to spare, you might want to give it a look. Thanks, and as ever, Go Cats!

You've got a buddy in the fiction business,
Warren (the M is silent)

dan_bgblue
03-04-2013, 06:28 PM
This is a novel about not-nice people doing not-nice things. There are numerous explicit sex and violence scenes throughout the book, and much of the language is of the sort people use when they drop large, heavy objects on their toes,

I was unaware that a modern crime novel could be written without the inclusion of all of the above. Some of them have more than others, but without the titillation you just have a print version of Matlock, which I enjoyed a great deal, but that was on the screen and the actors made the show, not the mayhem and gratuitous sex.:trink39:

Darrell KSR
03-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Wow, exciting. I will definitely get it, and look forward to reading it.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

CitizenBBN
03-04-2013, 10:40 PM
FAIR WARNING: This is a novel about not-nice people doing not-nice things. There are numerous explicit sex and violence scenes throughout the book, and much of the language is of the sort people use when they drop large, heavy objects on their toes, so if you're easily offended or shocked, it really isn't the book for you.

If you're in that group you probably had to get rid of your TV years ago. When Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill are on basic cable, without a ton of editing considering the content, I think you're safe. :)

I may break my "no reading" rule for this one Warren. Gave up books and learning in general years ago. The more I got to thinking the less I seemed to laugh. $3? Everyone in the BBN should read it for $3.

Warren
03-05-2013, 05:26 AM
Citizen -- you're one of the sharpest people I "know". I suspect you read more than you're allowing here.

Here's a little background on where the book came from (including a UK connection):
http://pattinase.blogspot.com/2013/03/how-i-came-to-write-this-book-warren.html

and another interview:
http://dosomedamage.blogspot.com/2013/03/q-with-warren-moore.html

Thanks for the encouragement, guys!

You've got a buddy in the scribbling business,

Warren (the M is silent)

Crazy4Blue
03-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Citizen -- you're one of the sharpest people I "know".

You just lost all credibility!

Warren
03-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Hey, I never said I got out much.

You've got a buddy in the hermit business,
Warren (the M is silent)

CitizenBBN
03-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Hey, I don't need this treatment. I've got plenty of people waiting to abuse me. :)

So who do you see in the movie roles Warren? Travolta? Willis? Stallone?

Warren
03-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Ideally, a young Robert Mitchum and Sherilyn Fenn. These days, maybe Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Kat Dennings.

You've got a buddy in the Fantasy Casting Couch League business,
Warren (the M would pay big bucks just to watch Ms. Fenn breathe for 90 minutes)