PDA

View Full Version : Joey Hart Added to Cats’ Roster for 2023-24

Darrell KSR
06-17-2023, 11:52 AM
Averaged 23.6 points while leading Linton-Stockton to Indiana Class 2A Finals last season

LEXINGTON, Ky. – Kentucky men’s basketball head coach John Calipari announced Saturday the addition of Joey Hart to his No. 1-ranked recruiting class for the 2023-24 season. Hart, a 6-foot-5, 180-pound guard from Linton, Indiana, is the seventh freshman to join the Wildcats, joining Aaron Bradshaw, recently-added Jordan Burks, Rob Dillingham, Justin Edwards, Reed Sheppard and DJ Wagner.

“I’m excited to get started at Kentucky,” Hart said. “I chose UK because of Coach Calipari, the supportive fan base and Kentucky’s ability to develop players. I’m looking forward to having the opportunity to compete and play in the NCAA Tournament.”

Hart averaged 23.6 points and shot better than 40% from 3-point range while helping Linton-Stockton High School to the Class 2A State Finals this past season. While playing on the Under Armour grassroots circuit last spring and summer, the three-star prospect shot 45% from deep, averaging 19.8 points per contest.

“Joey can really shoot the basketball but also brings a tremendous all-around game to this class,” Calipari said. “His best days of basketball are ahead of him and I look forward to watching him develop alongside the rest of the class. I’m excited to get Joey on campus so he can continue to improve at this next level.”