PDA

View Full Version : House Debt Ceiling Proposal

dan_bgblue
05-08-2023, 09:06 AM
Joe is trying to put all blame on not having an agreement on the debt ceiling increase on the House and the Republicans, when the bill they offer does increase the debt ceiling, who have a very slim majority of members. He is saying send me a debt ceiling increase bill, but do not tie it to spending reductions. He wants his cake and ice cream too. Give me all the money I want so I can waste it how I want to or there will be no debt ceiling rise, and I will try to convince the voters that is 100% the House's fault.

I want McCarthy and his House to hold fast and tell Joe to take the deal or go pound sand. What say you?

bigsky
05-08-2023, 10:50 AM
“President @JoeBiden and Senate Democrats are responsible for the impending debt default. They must come to the table and find a path forward with Republicans to responsibly raise the debt ceiling.” Senator Steve Daines

Doc
05-08-2023, 12:19 PM
Expect him to issue an executive order raising it. That is their answer to everything.

bigsky
05-08-2023, 04:48 PM
So the latest is the mouthpiece, kjp, saying, "if you buy a car you are expected to make the monthly payment". Well, how is a student loan different?

dan_bgblue
05-08-2023, 07:35 PM
bigsky, what the h... is sheit talking about? I want to tell her I save for it then pay cash.

MickintheHam
05-09-2023, 12:06 AM
I have complete faith in Janet Yellen, a bureaucrat's bureaucrat.

Doc
05-09-2023, 07:28 PM
So the latest is the mouthpiece, kjp, saying, "if you buy a car you are expected to make the monthly payment". Well, how is a student loan different?

Paying your loan does not buy you votes like paying off a college debt does