PDA

View Full Version : UNC in... "How To Embarrass Your School Without Getting In Trouble With the NCAA"

Krank
08-31-2012, 10:22 PM
Let the torrent of media outrage BEGIN over the COMPLETE LACK of punishment for DIRTY North Carolina's BLATANT cheating.

They only have three titles (if that) in my eyes from here on out. Student-athletes did not win their titles in this century. Carolina Way Of Dishonor and Ill Repute is how I will now hear their promoted standard.

From Sports Illustrated... some suitably biting analysis, including this excerpt...

"How ridiculous is this? Well, imagine you were a parent. You send your kid to school on an athletic scholarship. Would you be angrier if he took a few hundred bucks from a fan, or if the university gave him phony grades so he could stay eligible? I understand college kids wanting some extra money. I think most people do. But I would be livid if the university gave my kid a grade he didn't earn."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/michael_rosenberg/08/31/UNC-NCAA-academic-fraud/index.html

CitizenBBN
08-31-2012, 11:17 PM
I'd laugh at it all if it weren't so sad and so unequal the dispensation of justice.

The NCAA has enough rules they can pick one to justify any action they want, and they do so with, as Emmert himself put it, no obligation to follow precedent. How much hubris do you have to have to say you don't even have to try to be consistent in how you follow the rules you wrote?

I hope the NC State fans and some in the press don't stop. There's still outrage among UNC faculty and the UNC system still has a voice in all this, and if State fans keep digging they may find enough of a smoking gun to pin even the NCAA snake in a corner.

The NCAA desperately wants this to go away, to cover UNC and their own incompetence and maybe even complicity, but hopefully some brave souls will carry on.

Crazy4Blue
09-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Dan Wolken þ@DanWolken
So UNC has years of documented, institutionalized academic fraud and no NCAA rules were broken? Got it.

Jay Bilas þ@JayBilas
And NCAA wonders why it’s a laughingstock?: http://******/O1bzUF Cue NCAA Prez to lecture on integrity, and who’s “in charge.”

Gregg Doyel þ@GreggDoyelCBS
I went to McDonald’s this morning, then read the paper. Am now nine credit hours closer to a UNC degree

CBSSports.com þ@CBSSports
RT @GoodmanCBS: Still trying to grasp the fact that NCAA announced no violations broken in UNC’s academic scandal.

Stewart Mandel þ@slmandel
Long story short on NCAA’s “conclusion.” UNC, unlike Penn St, didn’t make the evening news.

KilroyFSU þ@KilroyFSU
A Boise State recruit sleeps on a couch, Boise is nailed. UNC uses fake classes to keep players eligible? Nothing to see here!

Devon Edwards þ@Devon2012
What happened at UNC is infinitely more detrimental to everything the NCAA holds dear than criminal actions at Penn State. Not even close.