PDA

View Full Version : Ton-o-guests out there..c'mon in, the water is fine

Darrell KSR
08-31-2012, 08:14 PM
Have had great sign-up for premium members, and the overall traffic for the site is through the roof. But so many people are just "lurking." Reading the stories (always 7 on the Front Page, constantly refreshed by our staff), the blogs (5 more on the Front Page), for a total of 12 front page stories, PLUS a sneak peak at all the "recent posts" from all of the forums on the front page as well in a scroll that updates every minute of every day.

But you don't need to be a lurker. Come on in, sign up, and post--while we think the premium membership is fantastic with the personnel we have and the community, and the end-user product, which is the best in the industry, we also want the free boards to be fantastic as well. The more that pop in, the better.

So come on in, the water's fine. Trust me, DanIsselisdaman, Krank, Tim, Catfan73, Pedrodagr8, and others don't bite. They may look the part, but they're gentle beasts.

Krank
08-31-2012, 09:42 PM
Deep inside, I am a lover, not a fighter.

dan_bgblue
08-31-2012, 09:45 PM
I found out a long time ago that my thoughts and opinions do not mean squat, but I like bedeviling others with them any way. I understand that for some reading about the Cats is all they need from the internet message boards, and I certainly respect that. Back in the day, that is all I could do, read about them in the LHL, CJ, CP, and occasionally in SI. I really yearned for more than that just the discussions at the barbershop or the local restaurant on occasion. In my early years, most of my friends were not fond of my infatuation with the Wildcats of KY, and would disappear one by one when I started a discussion about football or basketball.:D

When internet message boards came around, I found that I did not run people off when those discussions began. They made fun of me, but they hung around. Finding like minded UK fans on a message board dedicated to all things UK has been a lot of fun for me. I hope others will join in and find that same enjoyment that I have experienced for more years than I like to admit to.

CitizenBBN
08-31-2012, 10:02 PM
When I first found KSR I lurked for months. Guess I figured I didn't know enough or wouldn't add to things.

Now, while it's true I still don't know anything, good discussion is good and enjoyable for its own sake. I jumped in and never looked back. I've had fun, I've learned a TON about the game, and made some great friends over the years.

It's a lot more fun at the pool if you get in the water once in a while.

DanISSELisdaman
09-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Have had great sign-up for premium members, and the overall traffic for the site is through the roof. But so many people are just "lurking." Reading the stories (always 7 on the Front Page, constantly refreshed by our staff), the blogs (5 more on the Front Page), for a total of 12 front page stories, PLUS a sneak peak at all the "recent posts" from all of the forums on the front page as well in a scroll that updates every minute of every day.

But you don't need to be a lurker. Come on in, sign up, and post--while we think the premium membership is fantastic with the personnel we have and the community, and the end-user product, which is the best in the industry, we also want the free boards to be fantastic as well. The more that pop in, the better.

So come on in, the water's fine. Trust me, DanIsselisdaman, Krank, Tim, Catfan73, Pedrodagr8, and others don't bite. They may look the part, but they're gentle beasts.

Way to blow our cover Darrell! We've worked hard to get the rep we have and you tell the world that we're gentle beasts.:p:p:)

dan_bgblue
09-03-2012, 07:46 AM
Can't believe he did not mention deerehunter;)

DanISSELisdaman
09-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Dan, hunter is not a gentle beast! :)

Darrell KSR
09-04-2012, 02:04 PM
DanISSEL is right. There's a reason I couldn't vouch for the hunter. Good guy, but by no means a "gentle" beast. :)