PDA

View Full Version : AMC to start charging by seat location

Catfan73
02-07-2023, 03:34 PM
I haven’t been in a cinema in a couple of years but I thought this was interesting.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/amc-announces-new-price-system-based-seat-location/story?id=96925577&fbclid=IwAR06TZnaxnQbvkdo-JYH73pbFPaJnd71ZHSjY72G8Bf62eZBNPNEfxTJLA4

dan_bgblue
02-07-2023, 06:43 PM
I hope no one tries to make me go with or without a ticket.

bigsky
02-07-2023, 11:03 PM
Movies are a declining industry. Went today and the video was worse than my tv. Ten seats sold.

Talking, covid, expensive. Dreck.

Darrell KSR
02-08-2023, 08:19 AM
Went to see Top Gun: Maverick for my birthday last year, which was great in a theater. But I don't see how the industry is going to make it, as those type movies don't seem to be very prevalent.

My main use for them the last couple of years has been to kill time. We check out of a hotel on a day my wife and I are going to watch a soccer game that night and return home afterward and it's a great way to cheaply kill a few hours. We go to an early, uncrowded lunch, then go to a matinee. By the time it is finished, we are ready for an early dinner and head to the game.

Before latching onto the movie babysitter, we would go to an outlet mall. Movies turned out way cheaper.