PDA

View Full Version : Lisa Marie Presley RIP (wow)

blueboss
01-12-2023, 08:42 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celebrity/lisa-marie-presley-singer-and-daughter-of-elvis-dies-at-54/ar-AA16i99t?li=BBnb7Kz

I had just seen in the six o’clock news she had been rushed to the hospital for cardiac arrest.

The only child of Elvis…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CitizenBBN
01-12-2023, 11:16 PM
Circumstances seem odd, but you never know.

Pretty raucous, troubled life, not unlike her beloved father in many ways. Of course Elvis fans should adore her b/c she and her mother were the main reason Graceland was opened as a showplace and not sold and demolished.

Sort of an end of a music era, feels that way anyway.

dan_bgblue
01-15-2023, 07:40 AM
Circumstances seem odd, but you never know.

Pretty raucous, troubled life, not unlike her beloved father in many ways. Of course Elvis fans should adore her b/c she and her mother were the main reason Graceland was opened as a showplace and not sold and demolished.

Sort of an end of a music era, feels that way anyway.

She left Graceland to her children, expecting that they will carry on the family tradition of keeping it open to the public. One of the news blurbs I saw mentioned that it was a big money maker for her and for Memphis.

KSRBEvans
01-15-2023, 10:36 AM
She struggled with drugs and alcohol for a lot of (most of) her life. RIP.

CitizenBBN
01-16-2023, 09:44 AM
She left Graceland to her children, expecting that they will carry on the family tradition of keeping it open to the public. One of the news blurbs I saw mentioned that it was a big money maker for her and for Memphis.

They make millions on it annually. The trust bought the entire strip mall across from it and they run that too, selling all the memorabilia.

They actually don't make as much on his music due to some badly negotiated deals on it like selling everything prior to 1973 to RCA, but they do make money on it. They aren't hurting.