PDA

View Full Version : Just a mild request to keep my grandkids in your thoughts and prayers--they're ok

Darrell KSR
08-09-2022, 12:36 PM
but celebrating their 5-month birthday on their 9th day of having Covid (their mom and dad have it, too).

Not severe, just sporadic cough, congestion and fussiness. Fever has gone away. Not sleeping well and fussy at night (which, of course, affects Mom and Dad attending to them.)

Just wish I could do something. They're ok, will be fine, and hopefully this will be gone soon, but it's sad to see your babies not feel well. I know, there are much worse things; I get that, and feel a little selfish just posting this.

KentuckyWildcat
08-09-2022, 12:42 PM
Prayers Darrell.

My oldest had the flu at 5 months. She was fine, but still horrible to see your little one struggle.

VirginiaCat
08-09-2022, 01:13 PM
As I sit here dealing with a COVID headache 3 months post postive (or 11 months from first time positive) I can tell you the minor symptoms still disrupt.

Your family is in my prayers my friend.

KSRBEvans
08-09-2022, 02:15 PM
You've got it, Darrell. Sounds promising but always scary when little ones are involved. Praying for a complete recovery.

kingcat
08-09-2022, 02:24 PM
You have my prayers also.

dan_bgblue
08-09-2022, 04:19 PM
I know that it is difficult for me to see our grandchildren not feeling well and or afflicted with a disease or some physical injury, so it is not problem for my to respond to prayer requests from friends and relatives. Please keep me up to date on their condition. Prayers going up.

blueboss
08-09-2022, 06:34 PM
Absolutely adding prayers, and Darrell you can try and rest easy. The power of prayer that this little spot in God’s world has is otherworldly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigBluePappy
08-09-2022, 07:01 PM
Selfish my eye.
When it comes to the Grands or Great Grands there is no such a thing.
You ask away Papaw, Grandpa, Grand Dad, Pops, whatever name they have chosen for you, Mr. C.

May the Heavenly Father keep those precious little babies in His Loving Care and deliver them from this horrible disease with no side effects and we will not fail to give You your Glory.
We ask this in Jesus most Precious Name.
And all of His children say Amen.

Amen.

blueboss
08-09-2022, 07:54 PM
Selfish my eye.
You ask away Papaw, Grandpa, Grand Dad, Pops, whatever name they have chosen for you, Mr. C.

May the Heavenly Father keep those precious little babies in His Loving Care and deliver them from this horrible disease with no side effects and we will not fail to give You your Glory.

Amen.

Amen

catmanjack
08-09-2022, 08:17 PM
Definitely and hope they get better soon.

MickintheHam
08-11-2022, 12:29 AM
Selfish my eye.

Amen.

Amen!

suncat05
08-11-2022, 07:39 AM
Prayers offered up for their full & complete recovery! And for the rest of the family as well!

AMEN!

Darrell KSR
08-11-2022, 05:05 PM
Everybody is doing better, thank you. Not recovered, but not to the point where I hurt to hear about them. Thank you all.

KentuckyWildcat
08-11-2022, 08:58 PM
Great to hear

suncat05
08-12-2022, 09:56 AM
Everybody is doing better, thank you. Not recovered, but not to the point where I hurt to hear about them. Thank you all.

That's good news! And the prayers will continue for them!

Darrell KSR
08-12-2022, 04:28 PM
Doing much better. Grandson got pinkeye from the covid virus. I don't understand how all that works, but some drops and he's good. You guys were great, so you deserve a treat.

Here's Dad with the twins last night ready for the Field of Dreams game. As a lifelong Cardinals fan, even I have to respect their dedication to the Cubbies!

EDIT, well crud. I screwed up the pic. I'll post it later.

blueboss
08-12-2022, 05:38 PM
Great news….

MickintheHam
08-12-2022, 06:18 PM
I will take it all as good news! I am sick of Covid!

BigBluePappy
08-12-2022, 06:20 PM
Awesome news!
God is so good!

Darrell KSR
08-12-2022, 07:56 PM
It's very good news. Facetimed with their smiling faces tonight.

2nd try on the pic. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220813/b09afc6180e00cda7c6537cf1ef7ff5c.jpg

catmanjack
08-12-2022, 09:35 PM
Great news!

dan_bgblue
08-15-2022, 03:59 PM
That is a pair of doll babies. Great to hear they are doing well.

KentuckyWildcat
08-16-2022, 06:06 AM
Smiles are good

DanISSELisdaman
08-16-2022, 07:04 AM
Darrell, I hadn't seen this post till now. That's a fine pair of grandbabies you have there. My wife and I had gave up on having any grandkids, but we were recently blessed with a beautiful baby girl. She is 14 months old now and I don't know how we made it without her all these years,

Darrell KSR
08-16-2022, 02:01 PM
Thanks, everyone.

Have been to Cincinnati 4 times since they've been born, and will be back next month (wife will stay for 2 weeks). Probably have to slow down those visits a little or buy a jet plane, but having grandchildren is something so special.

Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl granddaughter, DanISSEL!

KentuckyWildcat
08-16-2022, 03:09 PM
Thanks, everyone.

Have been to Cincinnati 4 times since they've been born, and will be back next month (wife will stay for 2 weeks). Probably have to slow down those visits a little or buy a jet plane, but having grandchildren is something so special.

Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl granddaughter, DanISSEL!

Detour through Hopkinsville one day.

edit: I assume you go through BG now

Darrell KSR
08-16-2022, 04:39 PM
Detour through Hopkinsville one day.

edit: I assume you go through BG now

We do, but I'd love to hit Hoptown one day and visit the old stomping grounds.

I think we will be somewhere in Tennessee for my son's soccer game with his college next month, and leave from there to go to Cincinnati, but I'm not certain. I'll certainly let you know if I scoot through even to grab a coca-cola or coffee.

kingcat
08-20-2022, 05:43 PM
They’re certainly beautiful babies. God bless the little ones.