PDA

View Full Version : You gotta love Ted.

DanISSELisdaman
02-17-2013, 08:17 PM
Great Quote!

Deer Hunting Story...even if you don't care about hunting...Gotta Love Ted!

Ted Nugent, rock star and avid bow hunter from Michigan , was being
interviewed by a liberal journalist, an animal rights activist. The
discussion came around to deer hunting. The journalist asked, 'What do
you think is the last thought in the head of a deer before you shoot
him? Is it, 'Are you my friend?' or is it 'Are you the one who killed
my brother?

Nugent replied, 'Deer aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All
they care about is, what am I going to eat next, who am I going to
screw next, and can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much
like most of the Democrats in Congress.'

The interview ended.

CitizenBBN
02-17-2013, 09:51 PM
I've always liked Ted Nugent.

He's always been a straight shooter. Never denied anything he was or did. Never did the drug scene in rock and roll, but said flat out he did the sex scene a lot. I remember him saying when everyone else in the room was getting high he'd get with the prettiest girl there and spend the night with her instead. Let's just say I respect the man's priorities.

True story that will tell you all you need to know about him. I had some friends running the concessions and event service at Legend's field (the minor league baseball park here in Lex). Ted Nugent played a Memorial Day concert there at that time.

As background, part of what these performers do is send in an advanced list of things they want in their green room. My friend did the shopping for it. The Monkees played there that weekend too and did as most of them do and send these absurd lists of crap they don't care about just to be "cute". They wanted certain candy bars, a certain kind of towel, all kinds of pain in the butt stuff. They are almost always rude and demanding to the staff. All of them.

Nugent was asked and said he didn't care, would like some bbq and sodas and some beer. Didn't specify much at all. They said he was the nicest guy they'd worked with ever, and asked the people who ran it to come by just so he could thank them for everything and tell them it was great bbq. They nearly fell over from how down to earth and nice a guy he was versus all the other acts.

He also put on a great show. Wasn't the size of a true Nugent show b/c he was playing the next night in Cincy and it was booked way before this so lots of people were going up there, this was pretty last minute b/c Legend decided to do soemthing after Red Mile dropped their memorial day chili event. He came out and did a full show, put all his energy in it, was a real professional.

So I know first hand (OK second hand but these are dear friends who I trust completely) he's a decent guy and not putting on an act. You can disagree with his views or shun his over the top nature, but he's a good person who treats people decently and says what he thinks. I admire that, esp. in a world (rock and roll and stardom) where it is so easy to not be that way.

(PS: He also managed to really piss off some liberal folks (a few you'd know by name) who were there at the time. His opening guitar lick was followed with "That came from an American guitar. You can't play that on a f-ing Japanese guitar." The topless girls were also a highlight for them. They hired the Motor City Madman and had the gall to be upset he went out and did the show he'd been doing for 30 years. I loved it. Liked the topless girls too. )

CGWildcat
02-17-2013, 10:00 PM
A big fan of his. Read his book, God, Guns and Rock n' Roll and enjoyed it thoroughly

cattails
02-19-2013, 02:39 PM
Ole Ted a man's man. Cat Scratch Fever!!!!!!

badrose
02-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Went to one of his concerts back in the late 70's. My ears rang for three days. (Had a great view, though)

Doc
02-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Ole Ted a man's man. Cat Scratch Fever!!!!!!

Wang Dang Sweet......nevermind

Doc
02-19-2013, 06:55 PM
Went to one of his concerts back in the late 70's. My ears rang for three days. (Had a great view, though)

As did I. "Terrible Ted and his 5 Guitar Army". Opening act was REO Speedwagon.

cattails
02-20-2013, 07:40 AM
As did I. "Terrible Ted and his 5 Guitar Army". Opening act was REO Speedwagon.

Doc IIRC REO was from Illinois and they played around the tri state often, if I saw them 6 times, I saw them 12 times, great, fun band to see. A friend of mine was from their home town in Illinois and said he knew the band members. Other than on stage I never met the guys. Boy if the walls could talk!!! Those were the days when you stood around the stage as close as you could get.

Doc
02-20-2013, 06:40 PM
Doc IIRC REO was from Illinois and they played around the tri state often, if I saw them 6 times, I saw them 12 times, great, fun band to see. A friend of mine was from their home town in Illinois and said he knew the band members. Other than on stage I never met the guys. Boy if the walls could talk!!! Those were the days when you stood around the stage as close as you could get.

Every other year I go to a veterinary convention in Orlando to do my continuing education. Bayer puts on a event during the week that includes a concert, usually bands from the 80s era. I've seen Huey Lewis, Styx, this year it was Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo. A few years back it was REO, they put on a good show even after all these years. Also back in my days at UK, I worked at Keeneland working valet parking. Kevin Cronin showed up one year and I ended up parking his ride. Don't recall what the car was but he seem pretty cool, or at least didn't look at me like a POS punk kid.

Back in HS (late 70's) my best friends dad's best friend was in charge of tickets distribution for Freedom Hall. We could get seat to any concert with literally no notice. Did some crazy stuff back then and most of it I don't even recall! There likely isn't a "70's band" I didn't see in person. Only one I can think of that I didn't see was KISS.

cattails
02-21-2013, 12:08 AM
Every other year I go to a veterinary convention in Orlando to do my continuing education. Bayer puts on a event during the week that includes a concert, usually bands from the 80s era. I've seen Huey Lewis, Styx, this year it was Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo. A few years back it was REO, they put on a good show even after all these years. Also back in my days at UK, I worked at Keeneland working valet parking. Kevin Cronin showed up one year and I ended up parking his ride. Don't recall what the car was but he seem pretty cool, or at least didn't look at me like a POS punk kid.

Back in HS (late 70's) my best friends dad's best friend was in charge of tickets distribution for Freedom Hall. We could get seat to any concert with literally no notice. Did some crazy stuff back then and most of it I don't even recall! There likely isn't a "70's band" I didn't see in person. Only one I can think of that I didn't see was KISS.

I saw a ton of bands around the same time, my wife and I still catch a few shows here and there, most not as good as they used to be. Saw CS&N in Denver when they were really good, saw Neil Young at Farm Aid in Louisville, Saw the real Lynard Skynard with Clapton at Memphis Jam, Fog Hat there also. If you've never seen Clapton you haven't seen the best, unreal. Never saw the Stones (and really didn't want to), saw Stevie Wonder (major talent), saw Fleetwood Mac when they were nobody, saw Eagles when they were nobody, saw Z Z Tops when they had short hair, cowboy hat and boots, never saw Pink Floyd (my loss), never saw Ted Nugent (again my loss), saw Moody Blues (awesome). One of the great bands was John Mayall and Blues Breakers, Clapton played with him and other greats. Never saw Led Zeppelin (another loss on my part). I saw (at least I thought I did, to out of it to be sure :musik29: ) all the great bands of that time, Doobie Brother, Alllman Brothers minus Duane and Barry (both were dead). Wouldn't trade those days, a lot of great times. Man this getting old sucks!!! This was early to mid 70's for me. True story, in late 60s, in service, went to Newport Jazz Festival, Jimi Hedrix and Janis Joplin were there to play, I was to busy picking up chicks to even watch the show, major mistake on my part, always regret that, besides the chick hurt was a bust as well LOL.