PDA

View Full Version : Rocket City named #1 city to live in for 2022-2023

dan_bgblue
05-17-2022, 11:38 AM
Birmingham is not that far away (https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/best-places-live-in-us-2022-2023)

KentuckyWildcat
05-18-2022, 07:21 PM
Family of my in-laws live in Huntsville. Very nice tow from the little I have seen. They certainly love it there.

blueboss
05-18-2022, 07:42 PM
Probably has a lot to do with the close proximity to Big Bob Gibson’s BBQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darrell KSR
05-18-2022, 09:31 PM
I like it. Don't love it. Have spent many days there. Will be there Friday on business.

I love these lists because they're interesting, but I swear you could make them any way you want.

I've spent a fair amount of time in Lexington, for example. There's no way I would choose Huntsville over Lexington, eliminating my UK bias, for example. Even eliminating UK being in the city, although, to be fair, it enhances the quality of life so much.

And lest someone think it's a Kentucky bias, I prefer Hoover and Vestavia Hills over Huntsville, although they are smaller and suburbs of Birmingham.

I do like Huntsville 100x better than Montgomery and some multiple better than Mobile as a place to live, though.

And I like Huntsville a lot. It has a lot going for it. Just not at the top of the 1st charts to me.

Of course, everybody will value things differently.

MickintheHam
05-19-2022, 07:43 AM
Department of Defense has announced it plans to move the Headquarters of the US Space Command to Huntsville. That will be a big deal.

blueboss
05-19-2022, 03:40 PM
Department of Defense has announced it plans to move the Headquarters of the US Space Command to Huntsville. That will be a big deal.

Seriously?

MickintheHam
05-20-2022, 08:21 AM
Seriously?

Yep. There is a strong knowledge base there.

blueboss
05-20-2022, 01:13 PM

That is a big deal.

CitizenBBN
05-20-2022, 09:06 PM
More likely IMO that Senator Shelby cashed in his DC chips. ;)

MickintheHam
05-24-2022, 07:36 AM
More likely IMO that Senator Shelby cashed in his DC chips. ;)

Shelby is King of Pork in DC. Some folks hope his cute little protege continues the good work.