PDA

View Full Version : Boy, the JB Fiscal policies sure are working....for Stagfllation

VirginiaCat
04-30-2022, 06:36 AM
900 point drop. Largest since 2008.

Market up 6.6% since election day 2019

Marke Down 10% since beginning of year

8.5% inflation

-1.8% GDP shrinking...

Sure glad mean orange man not there...

dan_bgblue
05-01-2022, 09:18 AM
I retired from public work with enough savings and SS income to happily settle back and help raise the grand kids, take a few trips to exotic destinations, buy some pricey wood working equipment, add a bay onto my garage so I will have room for the new pricey equipment, get my federal firearms license so I can buy a Ma Deuce and set up a machine gun nest in the corner of my garage addition.

If all goes well, I will rejoin the public work force again at the end of next month. I figure that if I work until I am 73, I should be able to do most of those things. I hope the ignorant SOB currently in office lives long enough to run again so I can figure out a way to vote against him 20 times.

Doc
05-01-2022, 11:10 AM
I have stopped looking at my shrinking retirement nest egg. Have pledged to not watch it closely until 2024

KentuckyWildcat
05-02-2022, 08:13 AM
I have stopped looking at my shrinking retirement nest egg. Have pledged to not watch it closely until 2024

Same. Wish I had more to invest right now. But my wife is wanting to make a career change so I'm trying to cash flow her 2nd Master's degree. She wants to take a big pay cut to become a teacher...

KentuckyWildcat
05-02-2022, 09:01 AM
How is inflation calculated? Up 8.5% from what point? I feel like it is 25% or more since Biden took office. Just based on our spending at home.

VirginiaCat
05-05-2022, 07:37 AM
How is inflation calculated? Up 8.5% from what point? I feel like it is 25% or more since Biden took office. Just based on our spending at home.

It is a year over year calculation

DanISSELisdaman
05-06-2022, 05:42 AM
It's rapidly draining my little retirement fund. It was keeping up with the monthly amount that I was taking out of it and even gaining a little, but now that we're having to pay to help make America better, it's plunging.

Doc
05-06-2022, 05:24 PM

From yesterday........

KentuckyWildcat
05-07-2022, 08:25 PM
From yesterday........

Seems like it.

VirginiaCat
05-13-2022, 08:45 AM
if down today, we have had more down weeks than we have in the last 21 years.

Doc
05-13-2022, 04:47 PM
Since Biden took office, my stock portfolio is down significantly. My retirement fund is down over the amount I would earn in 2 years at my current job. Contrasted to the 4 years under Trump where my stocks went up about 4 years of earnings. So in Bidens 1 yr and change, he has managed to decrease the value of my IRA and stocks 1/2 the amount the Trump economy earned me in 4 yrs

VirginiaCat
05-17-2022, 06:37 AM
Since Biden took office, my stock portfolio is down significantly. My retirement fund is down over the amount I would earn in 2 years at my current job. Contrasted to the 4 years under Trump where my stocks went up about 4 years of earnings. So in Bidens 1 yr and change, he has managed to decrease the value of my IRA and stocks 1/2 the amount the Trump economy earned me in 4 yrs

I'm in the same boat Doc. I know the market is cyclical. And I expected some evening out but honestly, I am down over 30% in the past 15 months. My target date of 12/31/2027 is seriously in major jeapordy. Will it turn around in the fall? At this point I just want to get back to where I was Jan 1 this year.

My 457f (1 deposit per year and has had 2 deposits so far) is now a full 20% under the deposit amounts meaning a net loss.

I am plain sick of this Administration.