PDA

View Full Version : Zebco 33 Rod & Reel combo - $10

Darrell KSR
02-15-2013, 11:04 AM
I know it's a "starter" rod & reel, but the Zebco 33 brings back fond memories for me. It was my first "real" reel bought for me by my Dad after the Zebco 202's. Served me well for several years.

I understand the rod on this combo is pretty poor, and all of you "real" fishermen have spinning reeels and such that are far better than this one, but I thought it was a great deal, and picked up two this morning on the "pick up at store" option.

My local Walmart sells it for $29.88. Hope this doesn't seem too "spammy," but I thought it was a very good deal that I wanted to share with friends.

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/89556/walmart-zebco-33-rod-reel-fishing-combo?page=2#comments

dan_bgblue
02-15-2013, 02:20 PM
Perfect outfit to take pan fishing with the kids

jazyd
02-15-2013, 09:26 PM
The reel is worth that. Nothing wrong with the combo, if you start fishing more just trade up on rods. Fishing is my passion, for me it is relaxing always thinking next cast is it. If I old only pick one I would give up golf and hunting and just fish. Plus tey eat good. Lol. There have been a lot of big fish caught on a 33.
I have one that my daughter used and will teach my granddaughter how to fish using same reel

Darrell KSR
02-15-2013, 10:36 PM
Glad to get two excellent stamps of approval. May be awhile before they're used, but I know they're better than the limited stuff I have.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

Catfan73
02-16-2013, 02:26 AM
I have very fond memories of my old Zebco, and bought one a couple of years ago to teach my son to fish. You can't beat them for the money.

jazyd
02-16-2013, 09:41 AM
Solid reliable reels. Long time ago in a tour amount I fished a young guy showed up with all zebeck 33's and whippy rods. Of course all of us kinda snickered so of course out of 120 guys fishing he came in 9th. Whippy rods don't jerk the hooks out of the mouths, they allow the fish to keep it longer. Not long after that I noticed rod mfg's Coe out with graphite rods with glass the last part of the rod. Kid taught us all that day

Enjoy fishing Darrell and take your kids, you have plenty of water near you and take it to the beach. We will want pics

blueboss
02-18-2013, 08:08 PM
As a kid I spent a lot of time with my grandfather on Table Rock Lake with nothing but Zebcos and purple worms in the boat and we loaded the stringer with large mouths.

Cherished those times ...

CitizenBBN
02-18-2013, 11:43 PM
Like most things (Golf is a great one), the skill of the person using it has a lot more to do with the results than the money you put in the equipment. Unless it's just in the "doesn't work" category it'll do fine. One of the great things to see in fishing is some kid with a can of worms and a $10 rod and reel beating someone with about 300 lures and 6 different reels in his box.

Haven't fished in forever. Used to do it all the time, but not many fishable ponds here in Lexvegas. Not many walking distance bars back home either, so it's a tradeoff.

Do miss fishing with my great uncle. He was an avid fisherman, after he passed his good friend who went with us a lot would take me fishing. Miss him too, very nice man. He and I would wander all over a pond and try spots. My uncle would sit down on a turned over 5 gal bucket in the same spot all day and whip us both combined. We could fish right there next to him and he'd do it too. Loved blue gill.

uklandrn
02-20-2013, 01:50 AM
I cannot tell you how many fish I caught on a zebco 33 as a kid fishing with my dad. I have used many different reels - but to me nothing beats my zebco. My dad had it placed on a green rod - and when we fish now - which is much less often than back in the day - I still ask to use that set up. Bought one for Alec when he was small - and he loved it too.